Pin Holes In Heki

Les Medes

Ever since Heki's were first fitted to caravans it seems many years ago, on every van we have owned we have had pin holes in the same spot, can someone enlighten me, what causes the pin holes and why do they occur in exactly the same position on every van. We have been very cautious on how we close the Heki, someone has commented when watching me close it he reckoned "I had a touch like a midwife" Has anyone any thoughts on this phenomenon

Les

Les

Pin holes in the Heki clear plastic windows? Never ever seen or noticed them.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Ever since Heki's were first fitted to caravans it seems many years ago, on every van we have owned we have had pin holes in the same spot, can someone enlighten me, what causes the pin holes and why do they occur in exactly the same position on every van. We have been very cautious on how we close the Heki, someone has commented when watching me close it he reckoned "I had a touch like a midwife" Has anyone any thoughts on this phenomenon

Les

Les are you talking about the window or the roller blind?

Ah ha ! ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh - have heard about pin holes in the blind!

Graham

Pin holes in the blind, put up with it, have you seen the cost of new ones. Pin holes in the actual window mmmm. Mine are 10 years old and are like new.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

As an aside about the Heki central front large window that most vans have.

As I lie in bed, I see the instruction label written (I assume), in 4 languages. Written in tiny, and I mean tiny, writing. I cannot read it. Should I buy some powerful binocs and then lie in bed to read them?

Will I learn something new about them? Or will it say "Don't look out of this window and gurn at your neighbours!"

Will someone with lots of time and patience on their hands, please find out and report back to me.

I am on tenterhooks waiting. .......

Graham

It's amazing what conclusions can be made when there's a lack of clarity. We still don't know if it's the blind or not :(

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

And Les hasn't been back since he posted the question!

Graham

'Twas only 2 days ago - maybe he's away for the Bank Hol weekend. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

'Twas only 2 days ago - maybe he's away for the Bank Hol weekend. I'm sure he'll be back soon.

I think this could be a good reason

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:08 PM

There's only one word I can say ENJOY, and two more BON ROUTE, we will be on your tail, we leave home on Sunday for Spain

Les

• 1 month later...

Sorry Milky Way, been away since 25th August, got back yesterday with a damaged van !!! I meant the ROLLER BLIND not the "Glass"

Les

Les

As an aside about the Heki central front large window that most vans have.

As I lie in bed, I see the instruction label written (I assume), in 4 languages. Written in tiny, and I mean tiny, writing. I cannot read it. Should I buy some powerful binocs and then lie in bed to read them?

Will I learn something new about them? Or will it say "Don't look out of this window and gurn at your neighbours!"

Will someone with lots of time and patience on their hands, please find out and report back to me.

I am on tenterhooks waiting. .......

I didn't notice your post before but would suggest that you close the curtains or blinds at bedtime, this will help both you and your neighbours. :lol:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

If trying to get rid of those annoying little pin holes in the roof blinds then I find that a small pot of Tamiya model paint in silver makes an excellent and invisible touch up method.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Tamiya-10ml-Paint-X-1-X-35-/231153659311?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&var=530362537892&hash=item35d1d4edaf

$_12.JPG

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sorry Milky Way, been away since 25th August, got back yesterday with a damaged van !!! I meant the ROLLER BLIND not the "Glass"

Les

Sounds like he has got more pressing problems than pin holes in blinds :(

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso towing a Sprite Major 4.

Sounds like he has got more pressing problems than pin holes in blinds :(

Your right there, taking van in today for estimate, so short Autumn/Winter breaks for now are on hold,

3000 miles, seven sites and clouted the rear end on the last site in the Somme area.

Les

Les