Channel Tunnel - Lidl

Everybody has probably seen that Lidl have opened a store next to the Channel Tunnel. We haven't been in but drove past it coming back from holiday. Had been in to do the Pet Passport thing and thought we have loads of time so go fill up with fuel. Instead of going back to the Channel Tunnel entrance turn left out of the pet passport and 100 metres on your left is the Lidl.

HTH

Seesaw

2012 Swift Conqueror 630 towed by Toyota Hilux Invincible

Everybody has probably seen that Lidl have opened a store next to the Channel Tunnel. We haven't been in but drove past it coming back from holiday. Had been in to do the Pet Passport thing and thought we have loads of time so go fill up with fuel. Instead of going back to the Channel Tunnel entrance turn left out of the pet passport and 100 metres on your left is the Lidl.

HTH

Seesaw

I haven't seen it and I am a Lidl junkie and a regular eurotunnel user so what have I missed? :angry:

As there are two ends to the Channel Tunnel, which end is this new Lidl? :(

There are three in the Calais area one of which is only a few months old but it is not that close to the tunnel terminal.

There is one in Ashford, one in Dover and one in Folkestone but, again, not that close to the tunnel terminal.

there is a very large Lidl right next to the Cite Europe; they were just finishing building it when we came back at the end of June, certainly looked bigger than the normal ones - will check it out next month when we go back over.

Edited by kiaman

I visited it in early July - it looked very new and didn't seem any bigger than usual but it was a flying visit as I'd already stocked up at a different Lidl & also Carrefour before I discovered the new store.

John M

Edited by millerhouse12

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

beejay, on 24 Aug 2014 - 6:23 PM, said:beejay, on 24 Aug 2014 - 6:23 PM, said:beejay, on 24 Aug 2014 - 6:23 PM, said:

I haven't seen it and I am a Lidl junkie and a regular eurotunnel user so what have I missed? :angry:

As there are two ends to the Channel Tunnel, which end is this new Lidl? :(

There are three in the Calais area one of which is only a few months old but it is not that close to the tunnel terminal.

There is one in Ashford, one in Dover and one in Folkestone but, again, not that close to the tunnel terminal.

The Lidl I was talking about is on the French side. Turn off as if you are heading to the Pet Passport office and keep straight ahead. Look on your left after about 200 metres ( if memory serves me correctly) and there it is.

HTH

Seesaw

Think its this one

Lidl COQUELLES

place de Canterbury

62231 COQUELLES

Edited by seesaw

2012 Swift Conqueror 630 towed by Toyota Hilux Invincible