Grin Low Cc Site

Can anyone suggest the best route to this site, I'm coming up the M1 from the south? Is it best to come off at junction 25 or stay on until junction 29?

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

Am at Grin Low right now. Came up Last Sunday M40 > M42 > M6Toll very easy nice journey. Don't forget you get 50% on M6Toll if you're a CC member.

Can anyone suggest the best route to this site, I'm coming up the M1 from the south? Is it best to come off at junction 25 or stay on until junction 29?

We go to Buxton but follow a different route.

M6 to J15.

So you could do M1 to J19 then up M6 to J15 and it is straight forward from J15 to Buxton.

Via Stoke and Leek, the A53 runs right to the site.

I'd get off at J24, go along the A50 till the second A515 turn, signed for Ashbourne and Buxton, i use that road all the time in the truck.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

I'd get off at J24, go along the A50 till the second A515 turn, signed for Ashbourne and Buxton, i use that road all the time in the truck.

Sorry, I meant J24 not J25,

I was a bit concerned about the route through Ashbourne.

We go to Buxton but follow a different route.

M6 to J15.

So you could do M1 to J19 then up M6 to J15 and it is straight forward from J15 to Buxton.

Via Stoke and Leek, the A53 runs right to the site.

I had not considered that route, looks nice & easy.

Ashbourne aint a problem, i've only had to stop once going up the hill with the van on the back, was quite easy!!

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

Don't use the A54 from Congleton, nasty steep bends, not rec for towing!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Don't use the A54 from Congleton, nasty steep bends, not rec for towing!

Actually did just that today. Home now, thought I'd try it as a more direct route to the M6 avoiding Leek etc. Didn't think it was that bad, there wasn't that much traffic so took it easy as very wet this morning. Slight / brief loss of traction pulling away from a couple of corners, but we were very back-end heavy with three bikes on the back door, three rear passengers, a full tank of diesel and the van in tow.

Then as previously, M6/M6Toll > M42 > M40 nice easy journey inspite of the weather today. A little bit of slow moving towards the end of the M40, but not too bad. M25 gridlocked, but thankfully in the opposite direction we were going. 210 miles took 5 hours on the nose.

Did this run last year and stayed on the M1 until J26,

Take the A610 until you join up with the A6 at Ambergate.

From there you have the choice of staying on the A6 or

taking the A515 as KimmyandGinge suggested.

Dave & Annette .

07 Kia Sorento 2. 5 CRDi XE --- 2012 Lunar Clubman CK

Actually did just that today. Home now, thought I'd try it as a more direct route to the M6 avoiding Leek etc. Didn't think it was that bad, there wasn't that much traffic so took it easy as very wet this morning.

Probably OK going towards the M6, but definitely a route to be avoided toiwing towards Buxton IMO!

Edited by MalH

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450