Abbey Gts Vogue 417 2003 Kitchen Tap

Iwantacaravan

Hi

The micro switch has stopped working on the fold down tap on the kitchen sink. Has anyone changed one? Do you have to access it from beneath, if so does it mean it's necessary to remove the fridge? From looking online it looks like a Comet tap. Any help/tips much appreciated.

When we had a 2002 Europa, i removed the top vent outside and accessed it from there. From memory believe it was a Reich tap. as in this link. http://www. towsure. com/product/Reich_Twist_Single_Lever_Caravan_Mixer_Tap_BlackNickel?catargetid=520002630000002094&cadevice=c&gclid=CMXW6drUqMACFU7MtAodmmsAhQ

Edited by birdman101

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

Hi

Thanks for your reply, I did wonder if that might be an option. Are the vents easy to remove, do they just pull off, or unscrew? I'm completely new to caravanning but am usually ok at fixing things! I like a challenge lol! : )

From memory there are plastic screws which you turn half a turn to release, later caravans have a black plastic clip which you slide sideways to release vents.

Swift Archway Ruby.   Santa Fe Auto

Thanks I will have a look and fingers crossed I can get to the tap!

Thanks I will have a look and fingers crossed I can get to the tap!

When I had a problem with my kitchen sink tap, I found it easier to remove the sink, not sure if I had the same taps tho but there are screws that hold the sink in and by undoing them and lifting slightly there should be enough play in the waste pipe just to raise it slightly prop it up and get access to the tap micro switch.

Like I said might not be the same type of set up as yours though.

Cheers

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG