Ferries Cancelled

I hope so too. I posted a warning that it was about to happen, back at the beginning of August.

At least they've booked people on alternative crossings with Brittany Ferries, and not just left them floundering.

Edited by ValA

French firm LD Lines has written to customers saying all trips booked after 7 September to Santander and Gijon had been cancelled. "Several hundred" affected customers have been booked on rival firm Brittany Ferries, which docks at Portsmouth.

Six ferries are to be taken out of service. . . to fit "scrubbers" to reduce sulphur emissions will cost between £7m and £10m per ship and is needed to comply with EU regulations.

Sounds like it's probably best to book well ahead if you want to use Brittany Ferries.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

LD Lines have more cabinet reshuffles of their routes than the Labour Party!

They come, cause unrest to the rivals, then go.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.