How Do I Check For Atc

Fordsabroad

I am collecting my new Fleetwood 640 on Friday and it has ATC which I don't currently have. Is there any way I can check before hand if the car sockets (12 N & 12 S not 13 pin) are wired for it?

Fordsabroad

Also as you plug in the grey 12S socket the ATC light will come on, you will hear some awful noises and the light should stay on a constant green. You do NOT want to see a steady red light, flashing red light or flashing green light.

This happens regardless of whether the car is running or not. It also happens everytime the 12S socket is plugged in.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Flashing green light is fine. It will go steady green as soon as there is forward motion. Fixed red usually means that the system memory is full and not an indication of any major problem. This can be reset by leaving the power connected for 12 hours. (Not really an option when buying I guess!)

Kia Sorento GT Line

Bailey Unicorn Madrid 2016

Also check your car wiring and fuses are man enough as when ATC operates it can blow 15amp fuses.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

. ...............I didn't want one but was offered for something else as compensation. ......must admit rather pleased I have it now.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

You will need adapter from 2x7-pin to 13 pin. .. for the new caravan.

May be worth getting the car changed to 13-pin by a qualified towbar electrics installer (e. g. NTTA) who could check out the wring cross-sectional areas and fuse ratings at the same time. They should be conversant with the ATC requirements.

Probably only a little more than the cost of troublesome adapter lead, and may even be less?

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

You will need adapter from 2x7-pin to 13 pin. .. for the new caravan.

May be worth getting the car changed to 13-pin by a qualified towbar electrics installer (e. g. NTTA) who could check out the wring cross-sectional areas and fuse ratings at the same time. They should be conversant with the ATC requirements.

Probably only a little more than the cost of troublesome adapter lead, and may even be less?

The OPs first post states its not 13 pin. ATC was fitted to some vans with the 12N & 12S plugs. Edited by Scaramanga

The OPs first post states its not 13 pin. ATC was fitted to some vans with the 12N & 12S plugs.

Doh!

I saw NEW caravan (and forgot Fleetwood went bust 5 years ago!) Mind OP only mentions the CAR has 7-pin ---- but probably the 'new to him' old caravan has, too.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Doh!

I saw NEW caravan (and forgot Fleetwood went bust 5 years ago!) Mind OP only mentions the CAR has 7-pin ---- but probably the 'new to him' old caravan has, too.

Thats alright. Makes a change for me to pull someone up. Its normally me whos being corrected and sent to the naughty corner!

Mine has 12n & S plugs and was fitted by Al-Ko own engineer last year.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

You might be interested in buying the remote ATC monitor so you can see some information in the car while towing.

https://www. obelink. nl/technische-accessoires/chassis/al-ko-atc-display. html

You might be interested in buying the remote ATC monitor so you can see some information in the car while towing.

https://www. obelink. nl/technische-accessoires/chassis/al-ko-atc-display. html

Pity its in Dutch, I have found another site in German. Cannot find English, even at ALKO UK. Is this available anywhere? Perhaps someone is a better searcher than me.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

When I click on the link, Chrome gives me a choice to translate from Dutch to English.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I'm gonna make my own.

Mahatma Gandhi

WispMan, on 23 Aug 2014 - 7:49 PM, said:

When I click on the link, Chrome gives me a choice to translate from Dutch to English.

And? For those of us who don't use Chrome!!!

2012 Swift Conqueror 630 towed by Toyota Hilux Invincible

And? For those of us who don't use Chrome!!!

Firefox :)

Mahatma Gandhi

dreadly, on 23 Aug 2014 - 8:27 PM, said:

Firefox :)

Thanks. But what did it when translated?

2012 Swift Conqueror 630 towed by Toyota Hilux Invincible

I'm gonna make my own.

Then make one for me. :)

Pity its in Dutch, I have found another site in German. Cannot find English, even at ALKO UK. Is this available anywhere? Perhaps someone is a better searcher than me.

John

Using explorer with a google tool bar I have the translation box on the top rhs.

I also have Chrome downloaded which I sometimes use when I read my Gmail.

Also check your car wiring and fuses are man enough as when ATC operates it can blow 15amp fuses.

As said you might find it needs a bigger fuse.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .