Supermarkets In Europe

There is a site that tells me where the local supermarkets are. I think in the past I have typed in a post code or European equivalent and it comes up on a map. We have found it extremely useful in the past in Holland.

I have tried to find it again but for the life of me I cannot !

Can anyone help ?

Thanks in advance. .....

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

You can download an app to your tablet or smartphone

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

You can download an app to your tablet or smartphone

yeh but you need to be able to find the app before you can download it B)

phil

Try "Find that app dot com" sorry, I could not resist it !!

Les

Les

There used to be one you could download onto TomTom. My old TomTom had Carrefour Spain, Mercadona, Carrefour France and LeClerc, but I can't seem to get it onto my new TomTom.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

Most sat navs have supermarkets in the POIs

There is an app called Around Me that tells you by category everything that's . ...Around You.

When in France I use this site . ...

http://www. prix-carburants. economie. gouv. fr/mobile/

. ..to establish the nearest fuel station. Invariably, like the UK, many are sited at supermarkets!

Maybe I'd better get a smart phone. ...... !!! :lol:

I just google Supermarkets +the name of the place.

That's what I ended up doing and then going onto Google maps so that you can see where they all are.

I'm sure there was a web site that did this . .....hey ho ! Cheers everyone. ;)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

France and Italy are easy - supermarkets and their fuel pumps are sign posted from miles away.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

"supermarkets and their fuel pumps are sign posted from miles away".

That's our non-tech way of finding one - I say to OH 'Keep a lookout for a supermarket sign when we go through (x)' - and then follow the signs. They inevitably say Leclerc 5m - which take you at least 15 at the maximum speed limit!

ValA, on 23 Aug 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

"supermarkets and their fuel pumps are sign posted from miles away".

That's our non-tech way of finding one - I say to OH 'Keep a lookout for a supermarket sign when we go through (x)' - and then follow the signs. They inevitably say Leclerc 5m - which take you at least 15 at the maximum speed limit!

That's at the French way of driving- fast as- and then good as gold if there is any chance of getting caught.

2012 Swift Conqueror 630 towed by Toyota Hilux Invincible

We're going to rural Holland so I think the biggest supermarket will be the local Spa in the nearest village/town. .....which will be fine just as long as I know which village/town. ..... ;)

Otherwise it will be a trip to the nearest big town.

Edited by Shirl250

Albert Heijn is the largest supermarket chain in The Netherlands. This map might help you find a store near where you're going.

Freelander 2 and Bailey Unicorn Valencia (Classic Edition. ..)

I have been using an app called AroundMe on my current trip, just press supermarket from the search list

Edited by tonyradstone

We have a Wilderness trailboat it is the same as a Caravan but it floats, the inside fittings are the same as in many Caravans (Lights,Cooker, Alde heating etc), we stay on Caravan sites (Caravan mode) enroute to and from our chosen destinations,and in France on the return leg for two or more nights due to vet visits. www. wilderness. org. uk