C250 Csw Toilet Flush Problem

spector

My toilet decided to stop flushing so. ..following searching the web for help I have done the following. ..

Checked the fuse. ..no problem

Checked the pcb. ....voltage present but does not send voltage to the pump when the switch is depressed. ..so a new one purchased and fitted. ..still no voltage to pump when depressed.

I have checked the pump by applying 12 V and it works ok.

Although I didn't consider it to be a possible problem I have also replaced the reed switch board as I could not think of any other cause !

I can only think that the new PCB is faulty !

Does anyone have any advice. ..preferably how to test the PCB ?

Hi

We had a problem a year or so ago when the pcb in the bottom of the unit failed, this was replaced but did not solve the problem which turned out to be caused by the flush button board having condensation on it which was shorting out (wrecking) the pcb at the bottom of the unit.

It cost the engineer several pcb's before he discovered the answer.

Steve

Steve (BroGoat)

travel blog - www. adventure-before-dementia. co. uk

Both boards are now new and I sure that they were both dry when fitted.

Hi,

You say the pump works ok from 12v is this with the pump disconnected from the system? because if so maybe you have not got a good connection if you have crimped the pump back in yourself. Also sounds silly but make sure you have the electrical connector to the pcb orientated the right way round as it is a slide on fit. Another thing to check is inside to cassette comp on RHS bottom is a connector, pull the wires out gently to find it, clean connections.

Regards

M

Edited by MDM

Gite and 6 pitch CL type Campsite https://labucaille.com/ Normandie France

Try checking for corrosion in the chocblok attached to the cables that supply the fuse mine went a couple of weeks ago, simple and cheap to do before doing some thing more costly

Edited by andrew2762

Ford Mondeo Estate Titaniuim TDCi mk4 (16v 140 BHP) (2008)

Towing Elddis Odyssey 544 (2008) Truma mover S towing at 98%

My web site caravanlife. updated 28/5/2017

To test the pump I applied 12v using a golf trolley battery to the actual connector. The connector can't be turned as the angle that the cables enter prohibit it!

I'm sure the block is ok. ..I checked for continuity at the block connectors underneath. ..but I will recheck and recheck all the other suggestions .

To test the pump I applied 12v using a golf trolley battery to the actual connector. The connector can't be turned as the angle that the cables enter prohibit it!

I'm sure the block is ok. ..I checked for continuity at the block connectors underneath. ..but I will recheck and recheck all the other suggestions .

OK, with some fine emery paper try and clean the contacts in the connector block, they may be causing some resistance.

M

Gite and 6 pitch CL type Campsite https://labucaille.com/ Normandie France

• 3 weeks later...

My toilet decided to stop flushing so. ..following searching the web for help I have done the following. ..

Checked the fuse. ..no problem

Checked the pcb. ....voltage present but does not send voltage to the pump when the switch is depressed. ..so a new one purchased and fitted. ..still no voltage to pump when depressed.

I have checked the pump by applying 12 V and it works ok.

Although I didn't consider it to be a possible problem I have also replaced the reed switch board as I could not think of any other cause !

I can only think that the new PCB is faulty !

Does anyone have any advice. ..preferably how to test the PCB ?

Just something to add, Though obviously not the problem you are having. But others may be interested to know

My flush has stopped working also & Iv yet to fix it so I am interested in this post thanks. Seems like this is a very common fault.

Thetford are aware of this & put it down (In some cases!) to the pump being damaged by frost due to poor water drainage from the pump. requiring pump replacement. Thetford can supply a modification kit free of charge that improves the drainage from the pump. email them with make / model of your toilet part number etc should be on the bottom of your holding tank. & also the make / model & chassis number of your van & they will post you the kit. Details on there website.

Good luck with the fix.