Twin Axle Cost As Opposed To Single Axle

Scaramanga

Seriously looking at changing to a twin axle. My current single axle van is insured for £18500 new for old. The new twin axle van is around £23000.

Can anyone with similar experience at changing tell me if there was a jump in premium and if so how steep it was.

Forgot to mention the new van has Alko wheel locks, Atc, alarm, tracker. Parked on drive behind locked gates and security post

Edited by Scaramanga

Why not get a quote off your current insurer? At least it will be accurate.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

We insure our twin axle through the Caravan Club not expensive no mor than single axle. Superb service

Elddis Crusader Storm with Kia Sorento XS

Joys of European Caravanning

Insurance is based on value so should not make any difference on a SA or TA of the same value . Most insurance will also require 2x wheel clamps on the same side on a twin

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I insure my Twin with Safeguard and the all in premium is £260. That is for new for old £25000 which includes contents, motormovers AWD version. So I think that premium is OK. They also do not insist on 2 Alko chassis locks and are quite happy that I have 1 alko lock and 1 Nemesis ultra+ Hitchlock. All THese details are entered on the Policy Schedule, so there is no misunderstanding.

Thanks all. Wasnt sure whether a twin axle incurs a premium but by the sounds of it not. Just goes on cost. Im hoping my insurer (CCC insurance) is happy with just one Alko lock. I will check and pay the extra nearer the time. Just ordered our new van this afternoon, looking forward to getting it now :)

Edited by Scaramanga