Plymouth To Roscoff

Hi all,thinking of this crossing next summer hols,is it normally ok as 6 hrs seems long what are the boats like,are they bigger than the boats they use for dover Calais,as that dfds boat was a bit drab just wanting to compare of guys who cross regular thanks,Daz. also will go into the bay of biscay thanks

Edited by Happy feet

The boats are normally the Armorique or the Mont st Michel both large ships and fairly new .

knarf

the boats are very good classed as ferry/cruise ships usually the roscoff ferry leaves at about 10 pm gets to roscoff in the morning at8 am so you can have a bit of entertainment and a nights sleep ready for your trip through france Coming back is about 5 hours in late afternoon arriving late evening but that is now I have no idea of their next years timetable also apparently there is a loyalty card system and if you ask nicely someone on here may give you their number saying money on your fare

doug

Can someone plz let me have there loyalty card the prices are out and its 614 return yikes lol thanks do they do discounts at the shows

Edited by Happy feet

We did the maths a couple of years ago. For a holiday in Brittany (starting in Birmingham) it was marginally slower and more expensive to take the ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff rather than Dover to Calais.

We thought it was worth it for the extra rest and reduced wear and tear on car etc. The Friday night sailing was on the even bigger Pont Aven cruise ferry, which was nice, though with tiny cabins.

I would definitely recommend it, assuming the Brittany Ferries are now over their strikes. Our return trip was cancelled and we had a two-day drive to Calais! BF eventually coffed up for the fuel used, but no compensation for a ruined end to the holiday.

Hi all,thinking of this crossing next summer hols,is it normally ok as 6 hrs seems long what are the boats like,are they bigger than the boats they use for dover Calais,as that dfds boat was a bit drab just wanting to compare of guys who cross regular thanks,Daz. also will go into the bay of biscay thanks

You may be better off going Portmouth/St Malo if you are still going to Carnac or thereabouts. Less driving in UK and easy driving in Brittany.

The Bretagne is IMHO the best ship BFerries have got, very stable, and the bar area and entertainment is good. Downside is its a night crossing out so more expensive. Going to Caen daytime crossing might be cheaper and the A84 is an excellent road south.

Bear in mind you may only get 5% discount of the crossing with a card number as a guest, so may be just as cost effective to go through the CC or C&CC

You may be better off going Portmouth/St Malo if you are still going to Carnac or thereabouts. Less driving in UK and easy driving in Brittany.

The Bretagne is IMHO the best ship BFerries have got, very stable, and the bar area and entertainment is good. Downside is its a night crossing out so more expensive. Going to Caen daytime crossing might be cheaper and the A84 is an excellent road south.

Bear in mind you may only get 5% discount of the crossing with a card number as a guest, so may be just as cost effective to go through the CC or C&CC

Discount is 10%.A pal of mine just used my number to book a return crossing next year & saved £100.

PM me happy feet if you want my number,you are welcome.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

That's a generous offer Nick, but the Caravan Club price for Plymouth- Roscoff next summer is going to give me a 25% discount off the Brittany Ferries website price, rather than the 10% discount which your code could let me have.

25% discount is an excellent offer. Go for it. ;):D:)

No not school holidays, I'm afraid. My quote was for 19 June to 19 July. Brittany Ferries price was £408. Caravan Club price was £376 including 7 camping cheques, which I don't want but can easily sell for £70, so net cost comes down to £306. If I kept the cheques and used them the saving would be even more than 25%

Same old same old mate coz its the hols they have got ye by the short and curly its so wrong crucified for school hols :(

WOW 25% discount that's even better than DFS. ( Deals Finish Sunday) :D:D:D

Discount is 10%.A pal of mine just used my number to book a return crossing next year & saved £100.

PM me happy feet if you want my number,you are welcome.

Apologies, yes 10% on the crossing only(not cabins). The discount years ago was dependant on length of stay as well, but this was for full membership and for a France only card.

I checked with the CC last year and they were £5 more than with a guest discount so 25% is a fantastic saving.

Also, just checked for next year and noticed the cabins have gone up by 41% for overnight crossings on the same dates in May