Kampa Rally Poles Rusting

Alyvin

We have had our Kampa Rally 390 for a year now. Several of the poles are rusting and also the springs on the joints of 3 poles have broken.

We had a Kampa Rally 260 for a few years with no problems.

Is anybody else having problems like this?

We have had our Kampa Rally 390 for a year now. Several of the poles are rusting and also the springs on the joints of 3 poles have broken.

Kampa tell you to use a light coating of petroleum jelly when storing your poles but that sounds messy to me. I use GT85 from Halfords and wipe over with a rag. You can buy connecting springs from a dealer.

We had a Kampa Rally 260 for a few years with no problems.

Is anybody else having problems like this?

Shouldn't happen. Send me a private message with your address and we'll sort it out.

Kind Regards

Kampa Max

Shouldn't happen. Send me a private message with your address and we'll sort it out.

Kind Regards

Kampa Max

Oh the power a MD can wield :P

Edited by Scaramanga

Another advantage with air framed awnings.

I had the same problem regarding rusting on my 330 that I bought last year, probably my own fault as they were never wiped before being put away.

Don't have that problem now, 330 Pro Air replaced it. 😎

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Kampa! Just received a full set of replacement poles for our Rally 260 that were showing signs of rust on the foot extensions and a corner bracket. Excellent customer care! :D

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Had similar problem last year. ...they sorted it speedily and new poles no problem since. ...

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Yes - we had the same problem with ours and Kampa sent a new set of poles. However, the new set are rusting now too :( . Shame really cos the awning is great - love it to bits.

Great customer service from Kampa though.

Janet and Jason xxx
Jeep Cherokee Limited 2. 0CRD (2015) towing a 2016 Swift Challenger 530 Alde

This happened to my 360 after about a year. Thought it was my fault and never thought to get in touch with Kampa or ask the question on here. Shame as it looks like they would have got it sorted judging by their obviously very good customer service . Couple of my springs have also broken. Love the awning though but will probably go for the Pro next time.

Regards
Robert
Ford Kuga 150 TDCI Titanium. Bailey Pegasus II Verona

I'm sure I noticed some slight rusting on my poles last week whilst away in devon, prior to that my new 2014 model rally 390 pro has only had 3 weeks of use, 1 week in May and 2 weeks in July, I'm away again this weekend as it's my sons 5th birthday and we are out with our local DA so will check the poles then. ..

2008 Bailey Pageant Champagne series 6 / 2014 model Kampa Rally Pro 390 porch awning

2013 Honda CR-V SE diesel + 2005 Honda CR-V diesel Sport

Pollycotton Outwell Trout Lake tunnel tent