Wedges For Levelling

johnanddiana

Might affect the recommendation depending one whether it is a motorhome or caravan. Because I use mainly CC sites I no longer carry a ramp and rely on timber pieces. I find that easier to set up with the Alko wheel lock and although I visit about 20 sites a year I have probably needed to level across only about once every 30 sites.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I have the angled yellow ramps and if the difference is bad, I use two of them. I use a mover, leave the mover on the tyres (or the van would roll back down) and use the handbrake to keep it on the ramp.

I also have 1" thick boards but prefer the ramps as they are quicker.

Without a mover you have to 'drive' the van up the ramp and get the handbrake quickly!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I've used just about every system (or at least tried to) and like ET found that wooden planks was the easiest system.

Until I discovered Lock-N-Level inflatable system which is just about the best thing since sliced bread.

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

whats lock and level system

think e t is the best way

£140 plus carrage stick with planks lol

I've used just about every system (or at least tried to) and like ET found that wooden planks was the easiest system.

Until I discovered Lock-N-Level inflatable system which is just about the best thing since sliced bread.

+1 it is very easy to use and lifts the wheels loaded which I found eliminates any guesswork.

Hi

I use pieces of (free) wood from skips and the like. I do not like anything where the wheel is "parked" on a sloping bit - I like the wheel on the flat.

Photo here

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

whats lock and level system

think e t is the best way

£140 plus carrage stick with planks lol

No carriage to pay if you buy from them at one of the caravan shows.

They are exhibiting, demonstrating and selling at the C&CC NFOL rally 28 Aug to 01 Sept at Anglesey Agricultural Showground.

The major advantage over planks of any description is that when using planks, there is always a compromise - either just too high or just not high enough. With Lock-N-Level the height adjustment is infinite and absolutely precise.

If you have (as I do) a tandem axle caravan, the other MAJOR advantage is the ease of fitting the second wheel lock.

Pete

There is still the Milenco Aluminium leveller or the Buldog leveller.

I like the plank of wood method but not the livestock that seems

keen to travel with it, slugs, snails, woodlice etc. (especially woodlice!)

I use the "step" type and find them better than the "slope" type as when you have the van level just chock the opposite wheel, there is no need to chock the raised wheel, simples !!

Les

Les

what happens if you get a puncher ho no planks of wood never let you down

What happens if you get a puncture to the tire that's resting on your puncture proof planks.

Talking about planks. ..............

Pete

I think that dent was referring to the fact that in the event of a puncture the 'Van can be towed such that the flat tyre is on the planks to assist in placing a bottle jack or similar - or on soft ground to support a jack base.

Edited by Easy T

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Brilliant piece of kit and a good investment.

I think that dent was referring to the fact that in the event of a puncture the 'Van can be towed such that the flat tyre is on the planks to assist in placing a bottle jack or similar - or on soft ground to support a jack base.

Not sure I agree with your interpenetration but I'll go with it for now.

In the event that I get a puncture, I roll the punctured side of caravan onto the Lock-N-Level and inflate the the device under the tire that is not punctured and remove the wheel which has the punctured tire. Then fit my spare wheel and tire, lower the Lock-N-Level, roll the caravan clear and Stow the kit and carry on.

Pete

Not sure I agree with your interpenetration but I'll go with it for now.

In the event that I get a puncture, I roll the punctured side of caravan onto the Lock-N-Level and inflate the the device under the tire that is not punctured and remove the wheel which has the punctured tire. Then fit my spare wheel and tire, lower the Lock-N-Level, roll the caravan clear and Stow the kit and carry on.

We let our fingers do the walking and phone Mayday to come and change the tyre. :D