Easiest Way To Put Alko Wheel Locks On Twin Axle

Scaramanga

As the above title states. How do you fit these on twin axles? Obviously the first lock is easy to fit if you have a mover. But what about fitting to the second wheel? I did ask a guy when i was on holiday how he fitted the second and he said he used a trolley jack to line the second wheel up with the lock.

As the above title states. How do you fit these on twin axles? Obviously the first lock is easy to fit if you have a mover. But what about fitting to the second wheel? I did ask a guy when i was on holiday how he fitted the second and he said he used a trolley jack to line the second wheel up with the lock.

This has been discussed at quite some length in a thread started by Rita (bless her) and I think it was in caravan gadgets.

However the system RitaG found (and many of us bought) is called Lock-N-Level manufactured and sold exclusively by Delter-Coulson.

Just Google LockNLevel. They are Trade Members of this forum and they will be exhibiting at this weekend NFOL C&CC rally on Anglesey

here is the link to RitaG's thread

Levelling A Twin Axle

in Top Tips

Started by RitaG, 12 Mar 2014 icon_tag.pngeasy way, twin axle

Last Post by DeltaTIowner, 15 Jun 2014

Edited by Superpete

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

The C&CC NFOL Rally is not this weekend, it is 28 Aug to 01 Sept at the Anglesey Agricultural Showground Gwalchmai, Holyhead, Anglesey, LL65 4RW.

Pete

We have a Lock 'n Level kit for our caravan and its the best thing since bubble gum! Easy to fit the lock onto both wheels.

The first weekend we had ours I needed to remove one of my wheels to check on something. The Lock N' Level allowed me to remove and refit the wheel without use of a jack. It also performed flawlessly when leveling the van.

First class piece of kit.

Toyota Landcruiser and Fleetwood Heritage 640 ES(T)

+1 lock n level, or KoJack if you're LnL is on the offside, some folks have bought a single LnL for this situation

+1 lock n level, or KoJack if you're LnL is on the offside, some folks have bought a single LnL for this situation

+1 We have a double and a single LnL . Had to level on the offside at one site we visited recently so used the single to fit the locks and we can also use it to jack up to change a wheel as we have a mover installed

Used a Kojack lifting system and got it down to about 10 minutes from front receiver being aligned using the mover. :)

Even faster now as we've moved the wheels further apart. Changed to a motorhome! ;)

Did look at LnL but as already having the Kojack decided the expenditure was not really worth it. OK, OK so the MH was more but . .........

Hmmm. Looks like i may have to invest. But what about if i use the LnL at home to fit tge wheel locks and the caravan is stood for a few months. Is that ok?

Hmmm. Looks like i may have to invest. But what about if i use the LnL at home to fit tge wheel locks and the caravan is stood for a few months. Is that ok?

Yes that was part of the development testing.

Why don't you visit their website, then give them a phone call and talk to Derek? He'll answer any and all questions.

Pete

Could you use one of these to change a flat tyre on a single axle ?, ie pump up, take weight on corner steadies change wheel .

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

Could you use one of these to change a flat tyre on a single axle ?, ie pump up, take weight on corner steadies change wheel .

Yes you can - but your methodology is flawed.

It is recommended that the weight of the caravan should never be loaded onto the steadies - they are just that, steadies. The caravan weight should always be supported via the axles.

So the procedure would be, use L-N-L to raise the caravan - on SA 'vans, place support (axle stand?) under axle, deflate L-N-L, change wheel, inflate L-N-L, remove support, deflate L-N-L, pack away the "kit" carry-on.

With TA 'vans, it's much simpler - just raise the 'van with L-N-L under the tire that is not punctured, change the punctured one, deflate L-N-L pack away the "kit" and carry-on.

Pete

Hi

We have a LnL for our twin axle van and a great bit of kit it is although we have never used it to fit the second lock as our insurance (Towergate) has agreed, in writing, that we can use just one although we do also fit an AlKo hitch lock.

Steve

Steve (BroGoat)

travel blog - www. adventure-before-dementia. co. uk

Hi

We have a LnL for our twin axle van and a great bit of kit it is although we have never used it to fit the second lock as our insurance (Towergate) has agreed, in writing, that we can use just one although we do also fit an AlKo hitch lock.

Steve

We have the same agreement with the same company

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

I just use the Alko jack and mount onto the jacking mount that was fitted by our Dealer. takes about 2 mins to jack wheels off ground and fit both Alko locks. there is no issue when the van is lowered with the locks becoming tight in the wheel !

Have you purchased one yet?

there is no issue when the van is lowered with the locks becoming tight in the wheel !

So you have to jack it again to take the locks off? or do you have to move the van to free them?

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

So you have to jack it again to take the locks off? or do you have to move the van to free them?

Nope, just remove the lock barrels and crack the bolt and it will unscrew with my fingers on both wheels so clearly they are not stressed

Nope, just remove the lock barrels and crack the bolt and it will unscrew with my fingers on both wheels so clearly they are not stressed

Mea culpa . .

I misunderstood . . read it as meaning 'no problem even though they become jammed when lowering'

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

In the heading of the quoted text why does it show ***** in the name of the OP?

My guess is that the missing part is also a slang form of the exclamation J e s u s. So the auto-moderation auto-moderated it.

That's only a guess though.

T :)

My guess is that the missing part is also a slang form of the exclamation J e s u s. So the auto-moderation auto-moderated it.

That's only a guess though.

T :)

I gather that, but it allows the full username in the left hand column???????? Strange things these auto moderators. :)