Check This Out On Ebay Wow!

AlanNancy

Mens Racing Tricycle auction number

What a super machine. I had a trike a few years ago and to say they are difficult to ride would be an understatement.
Alan

I had a trike a few years ago and to say they are difficult to ride would be an understatement.

Alan

I would dispute that . .

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

I would dispute that . .

Do you ride a trike?

Alan

My mate who owns a very successful custom cycle business with gold medal winning customers says he would rather ride a rodeo than a trike, they are the devils machines and will kill you as soon as possible.

Do you ride a trike?

Alan

Not currently but . .

My Longstaff trike is quietly sleeping in the shed . . must get it out again sometime . . also have a trike conversion on a Carlton frame . .

Done Lands End / John o' Groats and back on the Longstaff (Solo unsupported)

So, yes

Edited by Disco Kid

Great - I bought a trike a few years ago and it was the first time that I had ridden one for 60 years. After hitting the kerb several times and being all over the road I sold it.

If you are a trike enthusiast then you will have loads of experience on them presumable over a long period but for someone like me they are very difficult to ride. As backed up by Flashgordons post

Alan

Great - I bought a trike a few years ago and it was the first time that I had ridden one for 60 years. After hitting the kerb several times and being all over the road I sold it.

If you are a trike enthusiast then you will have loads of experience on them presumable over a long period but for someone like me they are very difficult to ride. As backed up by Flashgordons post

Alan

I bought the conversion in 1987 . . liked it & bought the Longstaff in 88 . . End to End about 3 months later . . I was 53 then.

Rode regularly till early 90's & moved into Wales (a hilly part) and was occupied refurbishing (almost rebuilding) a an old farmhouse and the trike got sidelined . .

Just have to remember to turn the bars the way you want to go, unlike a two wheeler, where you flick the bars the opposite way at the start of the turn. Going up hills, you never have to get off and push, you can go as slow as you like and even stop.

Lovely bits of kit

I tried it . . I liked it

I keep thinking I'll get it out again, but life gets in the way. (and caravanning means I spend time away with SWMBO)

Go on . . have another go, you know you want to.

Edited by Disco Kid

The problem was to convince my self that I was not on two wheels, if the road camber increased I turned to the left as you would on two wheels hence the contact with the kerb! I would love to try again on such a super machine but I am not sure I'm brave enough!!

Alan

Almost on topic, as they had 3 wheels. .......

Remember the first Honda ATC (All Terrain Cycle)?

I rode one, which was powered by a four stroke 185cc engine, around a motocross circuit. Damn thing tried to kill me, and I was glad to give it back to the owner!

It tried to kill me again when I rode it across a frozen lake. The ice broke and the bike and I went downwards. I discovered a previously unknown ability to run uphill on ice, and the bike floated upside-down courtesy of it's large balloon tyres.

I believe that 3 wheeled ATCs were subsequently banned, due to the alarming rate they were maiming people.

Volvo XC70 D5 Auto SE Lux

Bailey Unicorn Valencia