Caravan For Seven

ikorodu

Hi all

I'm new here and am hoping that some of you more experienced caravaners can help.

We are a family of 7 (mum dad and 5 kids). We have been thinking of getting a caravan for some time but have not been able to find much that will fit us in!

I've only managed to find the adria altea which has a seven berth option. Are there any others that I have missed?

Ikorodu

What about a caravan for 6 with then a tent inside the awning for the older one. They may appreciate their extra space/privacy etc.

May give you a few more options

What about a caravan for 6 with then a tent inside the awning for the older one

Or small tent alongside for one or two of them which some sites and clubs allow.

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

Depending on the age / size of the kids our Pegasus would probably house 5 kids at the back at a push with 3 in the bunks and the rear dinette makes up into a bed but is almost a double in width.

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

Thanks for the ideas. We'd hoped to get a bed for all inside as we are hoping to do some one to two night trips as well as longer breaks and thought that the putting up of tents or awnings maybe a grind for such short stays. Also the mrs wants to use it over winter for short breaks. In summer though the tents sound a good option

Thanks for the ideas. We'd hoped to get a bed for all inside as we are hoping to do some one to two night trips as well as longer breaks and thought that the putting up of tents or awnings maybe a grind for such short stays. Also the mrs wants to use it over winter for short breaks. In summer though the tents sound a good option

I think that in summer most kids would love their own pup tent.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Any number of 6 berths but true 7 berths are rarer.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

It looks like the adria's are the only option for seven then.

One thing that did occur to me was the possibility of getting a 6 berth with a triple bunk and dinette opposite and getting it modified to have five bunks in total.

Is it even possible to have caravans modified?

ikorodu

You can find such vans but they are rare.

I recently sold our 'Lexon' as we no longer needed the ability to get 8 on beds in the van.

Yes, 8.

The original owner designed the interior himself and commissioned Lunar to build it. Some of this guys ideas were so good, Lunar Bought them off him and use them.

Look for any custom builds you can see advertised, this is your best bet.

Good luck.

I would be honoured if you could spare a few pounds to sponsor me.

I am playing in a charity ice hockey match in July in aid of Help For Heroes

Please text STGO94 £2 to 70070 or visit justgiving. com/SteelerGoalie94

It looks like the adria's are the only option for seven then.

One thing that did occur to me was the possibility of getting a 6 berth with a triple bunk and dinette opposite and getting it modified to have five bunks in total.

Is it even possible to have caravans modified?

ikorodu

You can sometimes modify a caravan, but it needs to be done professionally as it is the innards that hold the caravan together. Take away some thing and the caravan has a weak spot. Secondly as it is no longer standard, you will have difficulty insuring it. Thirdly as it no longer has a valid certificate of compliance, in the vent of an accident although the third party insurance will pay out, they could then claim off you.

You can sometimes modify a caravan, but it needs to be done professionally as it is the innards that hold the caravan together. Take away some thing and the caravan has a weak spot. Secondly as it is no longer standard, you will have difficulty insuring it. Thirdly as it no longer has a valid certificate of compliance, in the vent of an accident although the third party insurance will pay out, they could then claim off you.

I agree. Ours was built by Lunar.

Insurance wasn't an issue though, it was officially insured as 'custom build, non modified' meaning it wasn't standard, but it had not been modified by us, there was also a load of paperwork we got with the van that came from Lunar that had to be copied and sent to the insurers; including it conformaty certificate.

If you do this, it has to be done by a manufacturer.

I would be honoured if you could spare a few pounds to sponsor me.

I am playing in a charity ice hockey match in July in aid of Help For Heroes

Please text STGO94 £2 to 70070 or visit justgiving. com/SteelerGoalie94

If you got a 5/6 berth and a 390 Porch awning you could but children in the awning in a pop up tent that is what we do with our teenager and the awning is up in about 15 minutes. But also depending on the age of the children, they will get to the point where they dont want to come away with mum and dad caravanning cos its not "cool", and youll probably find that when you come to sell a 5/6 berth you can sell it easier than a 7 berth thats been converted.

Cleaning the House while the kids are at home is like clearing snow with it still snowing

VW Touareg + Bailey Verona = Happy Family :)

Hi ikorodo welcome to Caravan Talk.

What is your tow car 1800?

You will need a big heavy and powerful tug for a seven berth caravan!

Andrew.

Ford Mondeo Estate Titaniuim TDCi mk4 (16v 140 BHP) (2008)

Towing Elddis Odyssey 544 (2008) Truma mover S towing at 98%

My web site caravanlife. updated 28/5/2017

Give one of them for Granny and Grandad for a weekend lol

I have a Mercedes 220 CDI AMG SPORT and following closely behind is a sterling 564 Sport 2012, I live in France and spend loads and loads of time in campsites.