Are there any caravan steps that have holes in them to stop rain collecting on treads? Our caravan came with steps but today it rained and I noticed how wet the steps were and how it would mean wet shoes going into the caravan!

Lots of different ones, with holes, without holes, single step, double step, plastic, metal, feet that sink in, bars that don't. Our plastic one is a single step with holes in. Our double step is metal with no holes, and feet that sink into the ground.

I quite fancy the Milenco double plastic step next - it's BIG - but it does have holes in it. .......! ;)

Snap Rita ! :)

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

The basic one that comes free with a new caravan has holes see here.

And you can get a double-step version see here.

In metal there's this.

Google <caravan steps> and select <images> - there's loads!

John

Edited by Johnaldo

Or have a mat just inside the van.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Why not cover the step with a rubber mat and remove it before using the step? Just a thought off the top of my head!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

and feet that sink into the ground.

We bought 4 of these and fitted them to the legs it has stopped most of the sinking!

http://www. nextdaycaravanpartsaccessories. co. uk/caravan-awning-twin-pack-of-rubber-suckers-to-fit-34-or-12-inch-poles-20--13mm-1589-p. asp

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely

Lots of different ones, with holes, without holes, single step, double step, plastic, metal, feet that sink in, bars that don't. Our plastic one is a single step with holes in. Our double step is metal with no holes, and feet that sink into the ground.

I quite fancy the Milenco double plastic step next - it's BIG - but it does have holes in it. .......! ;)

Snap Rita ! :)

We had one of the big Milenso steps (till I drove off and left it on a French site!!) and it was a pain. It's very big and cumbersome which makes its more difficult to put in the caravan door. (that wasn't the reason I left it behind) if you are worried about water retention. ..it's twice as bad!! My carpet had puddles and muddy marks serpveral times.

Even my wife, who THOUGHT she needed a bigger area to tread was glad to see the back of it.

We've just returned home from visiting friends at a site nearby and they have this double step - I really liked it.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

We had one of the big Milenso steps (till I drove off and left it on a French site!!) and it was a pain. It's very big and cumbersome which makes its more difficult to put in the caravan door. (that wasn't the reason I left it behind) if you are worried about water retention. ..it's twice as bad!! My carpet had puddles and muddy marks serpveral times.

Even my wife, who THOUGHT she needed a bigger area to tread was glad to see the back of it.

Yes when I saw one in the shop I thought it looked a bit too big. May just stick with what we have then ! :rolleyes:

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

I've spent a small fortune on steps over the last few years and the big plastic milenco twin step you guys are talking about is our favourite and I think the cheapest as we picked it up for £14. 95 just after it came out. It's stable and has a large tread area and just needs lifting on an angle to put through the door and stays put when travelling.