Battery

dtg

Hi again

Probably getting a bit fed up with all the simple postings that I am making but here goes, having just fitted a motor mover myself I was wondering about different battery power output, for instance will a 70ah car battery fully charged with a reading of 12. 7v give the same performance as a 110ah battery reading 12. 7 volts over say a 20 yard distance? I know the longevity of sustained power will be better on the larger capacity battery but any thoughts or knowledge would be great, by the way Purple line Enduro not the fastest anyway.

Dave

As I understand it, the 110ah will give a longer period of usage for the MM than the 70ah before it goes flat, not that it should ever come to that.

I see that you're talking "car" batteries (aka starter batteries) and not leisure batteries. Are you aware of the differences when it comes to installing them in a 'van? If not, I'm sure someone could give a concise explanation - step on up guys :) .

Edited by Pebble

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Yes it will, the only difference will be the length of time it will work, but performance will be the same.

Edited by Brecon

Thanks for the prompt reply I will have to monitor the situation,

Dave

And for motor movers a 'car' battery is actually more suitable than a leisure battery.

Tony

Same topic moving on, have been checking websites looking for a 110ah battery for my 2002 Bailey Bordeaux and what a minefield it is! If I find a battery that will fit length ways 340mm it is too high, if I find one that is the right height 210mm then the battery's seem to be 354mm long, any suggestions?

Dave

I can only suggest that you keep looking. or maybe go for an 85AH.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I can only suggest that you keep looking. or maybe go for an 85AH.

Purpleline state 110ah even though 70ah car battery moves it

Dave

Check out Tanya. If you call them with the dimensions they'll tell you what they have.

Tony

Check out Tanya. If you call them with the dimensions they'll tell you what they have. Tony

They have a 100ah that will fit, the make is Powerline with a 2 year warranty but I have no idea what they are like never heard the name before, the battery not Tanya

Dave

the make is Powerline with a 2 year warranty but I have no idea what they are like never heard the name before, the battery not Tanya

Had one on previous car as it was a cheaper option - did the job no problem. I don't recall seeing them advertised elsewhere and so I wonder if it is their own brand ?

Mike

Purpleline state 110ah even though 70ah car battery moves it

Dave

I think that they all recommend 110AH or similar with mover. I have used an 85AH battery with a mover for over 8 years and he furthest I have moved it was around 100 yds. Usually more like 100 feet

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Hi all I have a 75 amp battery in my van with an older Truma mover fitted, the most I use it for is about 40 meters and when washing caravan I have to turn van around in my drive, this is the second van with this equipment fitted and over 4 years never had a problem, the van weight is around 1500 kg. Hope this helps Regards John

Mine weighs similar.

Alan

I have a 88ah battery and fits In the battery box quite snug with the leads from the solar panel, MM etc, no problems with the mover and think the furthest I've moved it was about 30 meters, I then checked the battery and I used about 15-20%.

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Mine is currently fitted with a 66ah Moll car battery and my Truma SE moves 1500kg just fine.

Power line is a budget make but I'm sure it would be fine, if not, ask them for premium alternatives.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi