Holgates - Silverdale

We are thinking of taking 2 of our grandchildren to Holgates for 2 nights for their first time ever in a caravan. They are 2 and 4. 1/2.

I know Holgates is not cheap and would not be normally be for us but as a starter site for 2 children, we feel it could have lots of things for the boys to do.

Anyone been there and would it be suitable for youngsters?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Although not cheap, it does have the benefit of the heated pool, but check for times, as there was a period set aside for adults only when we went a few years ago.

More our cup of tea is the updated Gibraltar Farm. http://gibfarm. weebly. com/

If you decide on Holgates; it could be worth your while to have a look at Gib Farm for a later visit.

Regards,

Jim.

Thanks for that Jim. We chose Holgates particularly as there seems to be plenty of stuff to do for the two little boys. Normally we would rather stick pins in our eyes than go to a site like Holgates, but my SIL and I want to give my pregnant daughter a rest for a couple of days. Also we want to introduce the boys to caravanning.

Also, for us Holgates is only 20 mins away. But will look at Gibfarm for ourselves one day.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

The boys will probably love the pool, but Gib Farm is brilliant for kids.

Beach, bay, woods, (hopefully a swing), cave, stone circles and the views at sunset of Morecambe Bay are very picturesque.

Enjoy Holgates.

Regards,

Jim.

If you have never been there before with a caravan. .....BEWARE. ..... The road in is very very narrow in places,and there is barely enough room to manoeuvre in places. ....... Lord only knows how they get static vans there (helicopter me thinks lol).but it is a really nice site. ....but expensive.

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

We tend to go twice a year at Easter and October half term with our three girls who are 5, 8 and 12 but have been doing so since the little one was just 2.

The main advantage is the pool which if the weather is iffy is great

There is also a lot of other stuff to do including walking under the road to the pebble beach where we do cowboy sandwiches and up to the ruined keep. You can also walk to silverdale it's self across the coast and Kendal / bowness are a short drive away.

You may also consider hollins farm which is owned by Holgate's, and is just up the road. It's a couple of quid a night cheaper, still gives access to the leisure complex but is more of a farm setting. It also has a fabulous new toilet block.

When we stayed there one year the girls got to collect the hens eggs with the warden.

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

• 4 weeks later...