Rav 4 2006 ~ 2008 Any Advice Re Variants ?

whatshisname

I'm looking for a used Rav 4, 2006 or later but I have been very confused regarding the different variants.

T180, XT3, XT4, XT-R .

so . ....I tried to do a bit of research and get a bit clued up.

I dont really want those side skirt thingies on the sills, also not keen on the wheel on the back door . Not especially fond of leather seats.

I sort of settled on the T180 then found out they are more thirsty on diesel so now I am unsure again.

OK, will accept the side protectors and the lump spare wheel on back door and the leather . .. I just want the right type for the right reasons .

Anyone any advice ?

many thanks . .. Ken

T180 is the 180bhp model and costs more to run in terms of RFL, fuel consumption and insurance but is high spec.

XT3 was the entry model (although all Rav's of that era have good spec so "entry" is not to be confused with basic), the range then goes up to XT4 and XT5 with each variant gaining additional spec.

The XTR was introduced around 2008 and effectively replaced the XT4 with the T180 becoming the SR180 (later just SR), at this time the XT3 was dropped altogether, this was also the time the spare wheel on the rear door was replaced by a space saver in the boot.

The side steps/bars were optional extras so could feature on any of the range if the previous owner had them fitted.

Hope this helps

Davros

T180 is the 180bhp model and costs more to run in terms of RFL, fuel consumption and insurance but is high spec.

XT3 was the entry model (although all Rav's of that era have good spec so "entry" is not to be confused with basic), the range then goes up to XT4 and XT5 with each variant gaining additional spec.

The XTR was introduced around 2008 and effectively replaced the XT4 with the T180 becoming the SR180 (later just SR), at this time the XT3 was dropped altogether, this was also the time the spare wheel on the rear door was replaced by a space saver in the boot.

The side steps/bars were optional extras so could feature on any of the range if the previous owner had them fitted.

Hope this helps

Davros

@ Davros.

Thank You, well explained and very useful . I had deduced some of it but you filling in the gaps really helps.

There's only a couple of them local and local/ebay but they do seem to sell quick.

Maybe I will need to travel to get the right one .

I don't have an open budget so I am limited with approx 7. 5K to spend.

A low mileage one in my price range would seal the deal, side skirts, tyre lump etc become irrelevant .

Thanks again, will update if I purchase one

Was there not an engine failure issue with these covered on here a little while ago? I think Toyota were being very fair and funding replacements from memory

Hi ken, we have owned a 2006(new shape) xt4 for 4. Years now 2. 2litre d4d manual, it has all the bits my wife wanted (which you don't) -side steps, alloys, leather, spare on boot. I have to say it is a fantatic car, recently towed our bailey senator from Notts to Cornwall and back and returned 30mpg! It's comfy, quick, big enough without being a tank, supremely reliable and the 4wheel drive proved to be very good in the snow a couple of years back. I you don't want all the fancy bits go for a xt3 and save a few quid. I would definitely recommend the rav4. Martin.

I test drove a 2008 Rav4, before I bought my CR-V. It was a lovely car to drive, and I would have bought it, but a couple of things put me off. Small boot, no spare wheel just a tin of foam and the side opening tailgate, which I thought would be impractical with the van hitched up, and if someone parked too close you couldn't access the boot.

Otherwise, a very nice car to drive.