Faskally Or Fonab?

Would like to take the "A" team up to Pitlochry in October to see the "Enchanted Forest".

Can anyone suggest which is the best caravan site i should be booking for a couple of nights please.

Don't go to the Tummel Valley. The site id good but the road to it is atrocious. better going to Faskally as it avoids the narrow road to Haven site.

Drove past Fonab this afternoon, didn't look especially exciting but well located. Have heard excellent reports about Faskally, haven't seen it personally. For a couple of nights both are probably fine.

Inver mill is a good wee site at Dunkeld and is only a short drive from Pitlochry

BMW X5 followed by a 2014 Lunar Delta RS

From Faskally C. Park to Pitlochry is an easy walk (or cycle) along the riverside footpath. Saves the hassle of finding parking in Pitlochry, which isn't easy at the best of times!

Fonab every time, we experienced rowdiness and witnessed two incidents of brawling between drunks at Faskally by Glasgow folks .

My sister had her static broken into as well and while she was asleep .

Milton of Fonab is far better run

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2020 Kia Sportage GT line S

Definitely Fonab.

Father's on there as we speak.

5-10 minutes walk to town, dam, salmon leap, sandy bay on the loch you can swim in, etc.

Easy road in.

Toilets clean. Think they've still got baths in one of the blocks. Some of the cubicles are full facilities (shower, wc and wash basin).

Free wifi.

The meeting point for the Enchanted Forest is at Fisher's Hotel in Pitlochry's main street, which is an easy five minute walk from Milton of Fonab, so you wouldn't have the hassle of finding a parking spot.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

I see now on the map that the 'enchanted forest' is actually only a few minutes' walk from Faskally caravan park. You won't need even the shuttle bus from Pitlochry. The park staff will be able to direct you how to walk there.

I see now on the map that the 'enchanted forest' is actually only a few minutes' walk from Faskally caravan park. You won't need even the shuttle bus from Pitlochry. The park staff will be able to direct you how to walk there.

That's not quite right. You can't just walk directly into the event. You have to be booked in at the Fisher's Hotel in Pitlochry.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Thanks very much guys for your input. Seems about 50/50 i think.

I will have to phone the booking office as the forest website says a lot and doesn't tell you anything. It does however, say that there is NO car parking at venue, therefore entry by shuttle bus required----then it goes on to say that car parking is available for we blue badge holders only???!!

Is this place open during the day?? as it says in a review something about an on site cafe and boats for hire to puddle about on a loch???

Maybe i should become a "Lay Bye Lodger" and park up on the old military road--LOL.

Anyway, still to confirm if any or all of the "A" team want to go.

Forgot to ask on last post if anyone knew what happened to camp site at Kenmore? UK sites webpage just says Closed>