A-Line Caravans

Aline

Hi i am a new member and i am interested in a-line super tourers, i own a 1972 model and they had blue colour lower panels and had super1100, 1200, 1300. depending on there size, but it is the last in the series i am most interested in, the 1975 and 1976 years, in 75 they had a black stripe going round the middle of the van and in 76 a blue stripe in the middle there were not that many of these vans made so they are rare to find but i would be very interested if any member has any information on these vans and where i could try to find any brochures on these models, in 1977 they where replaced by the a-line crown series.

Welcome and I fear for my ignorance as I have no idea what an A line caravan is.

Always willing to learn, so hopefully you may post some photos so we can learn.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

+ 1! :blush: . ......................oh!, welcome :welcome:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Thompson A-Line. ........ or were they ABI ?

Thompson A-Line. ........ or were they ABI ?

Neither, A-Line was a separate company, later becoming Deanline, then later still becoming part fo Elddis.

You may be thinking of Thomson T Line.

No specific info on A Line sadly, though our neighbours had a 1968 1500 Super and my parents friends had a 1971 1500 Super, so have vivid memories of both.

Interestingly a 75 A Line (with the black stripe and the elongated bunk window) was featured in the long gone soap Brookside, one of the residents owned one so it was often seen on their drive!!!

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

Oh yes that elongated bunk window another feature that makes me a big fan of a-lines love it, thanks for that at least there is someone out there that has seen and remembers them, and very interesting about brookside if it ever comes out on dvd (you neaver know) i will keep a lookout for it. thanks for the welcomes and yes i will have to post some photos up of my 72, i have also after 7 years on ebay just found and purchased a 75 a-line to add to my 72 it is sadly not an a-line with the elongated bunk window but a small 10ft van with the bumnk across at the back but hay its still an a-line.

Oh yes do put pics up!

There is another thread about someone with an A Line ( an 1100), http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/98582-1970-caravan-id-please/

• 1 month later...

Hi lainM1970, what was the diferance between the 68 and 71 model A-line 1500s did the 68 have a big curve at the top of its door and did the rear toilet window come fixed to the rear window, there is a 69 A-line like this on Gibsons jigsaw puzzle called caravan holiday by kevin welsh new on amazon, and did the 71 have a window at the top of its door my 1300 has. thanks.

The 68 and 71's both had a curved top on the door, the 71 certainly had a door window, don't think the 68 did . ... the 68 had louvered vents at the tops of the side windows while the 71 had one piece drop back vents (hope this makes sense).

From memory the 71 had a separate toilet window. There will be pics somewhere of the back of the 71 as we often holidayed with the family that owned . ... will look!

I currently have an A-Line Super 1300 from 1975 which is going away to its new owner tomorrow to be restored. i was just reading through here and thought i would post up some pictures before the old girl goes, as not many of them left and there's very little known about them, should be good for reference anyway. Sorry she looks in a bit of a state, she has been sitting a while.

post-70048-0-47534200-1411497600_thumb.jpg

post-70048-0-66627300-1411497642_thumb.jpg

post-70048-0-02003000-1411497679_thumb.jpg

post-70048-0-78913400-1411497734_thumb.jpg

post-70048-0-43689200-1411497804_thumb.jpg

post-70048-0-72954300-1411497824_thumb.jpg

post-70048-0-25750300-1411498151_thumb.jpg

post-70048-0-56867900-1411498197_thumb.jpg

I currently have an A-Line Super 1300 from 1975 which is going away to its new owner tomorrow to be restored. i was just reading through here and thought i would post up some pictures before the old girl goes, as not many of them left and there's very little known about them, should be good for reference anyway. Sorry she looks in a bit of a state, she has been sitting a while.

Hi,

I am trying to find out the width of a Super 1300, you wouldn't happen to know this or if you could measure the width of the caravan from outside wheel to outside wheel i would be most grateful.

Thanks

Edited by lee551247

• 1 year later...

Hi I have just been given a A-Line 320-4 Rambler caravan and I wondered if there are still any manuals about for her?? I have tried to find any information on her on the net. all I have come up with is an original sales brochure. Does anyone here know any info about them technical or other wise? Thank you

Hi I have just been given a A-Line 320-4 Rambler caravan and I wondered if there are still any manuals about for her?? I have tried to find any information on her on the net. all I have come up with is an original sales brochure. Does anyone here know any info about them technical or other wise? Thank you

Welcome to CT Tinker belle :)

You didn't get your Rambler from Epsom by any chance? Just noticed you're from Surrey and there was a Rambler in a front garden near me for a few years and it's now gone. ....now that would be a coincidence ;)

• 3 weeks later...

imi so jealous. .. im looking for one of these

I love the A-Line Deanline models would love to get one

• 2 months later...

It would appear I've recently picked up a Deanline Rambler 440-5, I'd appreciate any info on it please.

I've had to 3d print new windows catches as the rubber is badly perished, next am going to see what I can do about the stays. .

Welcome and I fear for my ignorance as I have no idea what an A line caravan is.

We used to use a Golden Crown 112(?) similar to the one shown below and I believe that came under the A-Line umbrella, later to be swallowed up by the Explorer Group (now Elddis).

Gordon.

Crown Caravan

Crown  caravan - early 1980s.jpg

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

• 2 years later...

Hi, I’m currently looking for new / reconditioned brake shoes and shocks for a Rambler 440. Been looking for sometime now with no luck. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

18 hours ago, SamBarr said:

Hi, I’m currently looking for new / reconditioned brake shoes and shocks for a Rambler 440.

If that is a caravan, it depends on the chassis. There are far fewer types of chassis than caravan models, so it should not be hard to find shoes etc.

However, I Googled for Rambler 440 and it came up with this American car :-

http://davidsclassiccars.com/amc/74515-1966-rambler-american-440-convertible.html

?????