Touring In France Help

HI we are thinking of taking our 3 small foster kids to france (euro Disney} next year and as we have never toured in france we need some help, IE any books or ant surgestions of any sites.

what we are thinking is from Nottingham travel to dover and stay a night there and cross channel and stop somewhere on way down to the park but we not sure of any sites or where to look

many thanks kev

I can certainly recommend this site.

http://www. tripadvisor. co. uk/Hotel_Review-g1136761-d2427664-Reviews-Camping_du_Bord_de_l_Aisne-Guignicourt_Aisne_Picardy. html

Can be booked via the Caravan Club and loads for the kids on a quick stopover.

Edited to add, an early start and earlier crossing will pay dividends, we always find it better to cross the channel and start off the next day in France.

Enjoy, we love the country.

Edited by John W

Hi

We just came back from a similar trip. Travelled from south Wales to Dover 250 miles. Stayed the night in cc club black horse farm. Caught early 6. 40 ferry to Calais. Drove 200 miles down to http://www. caravaning-4vents. fr - lovely site, third time back. Stayed for 10 nights with 4 days in Disney plus a trip on the train to Paris. After the 10 nights, travelled 160 miles north to les ferme des aulnes- horrible site, will never return. After 4 nights travelled back to Calais for 1 night at la bien assise - lovely site. Spent some time buying plonk at the hypermarkets before catching the ferry the following day.

Regards
Robert
Ford Kuga 150 TDCI Titanium. Bailey Pegasus II Verona

ACSI book - don't buy it until the end of the year and you will get the 2015 book. If you caravan anywhere in Europe this book is a 'must have'

Alan

Alan Rogers is always good for searching for a site in Europe.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Hi Kevin

If you can go in the Spring Bank Holiday then you'll find sites a lot cheaper, and with three children that may save you a considerable amount. Dover/Calais crossings are the cheapest. Keep a lookout at the time of the Caravan Show in October for codes, shared on here, with may get you a much cheaper crossing for car and caravan. Personally I would stop on the French side - there are sites near the port you could use, and then an early start and you'll be at Eurodisney by late lunchtime. From experience with small children, once you've crossed the Channel you're on holiday. If you do choose to go at Spring Bank Holiday you could use Chateau du Gandspette, (which takes Camping Cheques at that time of year - see www. campingcheque. co. uk ) which is only a twenty-five minute drive from Calais, has a pool, and would be an ideal overnight stop for three excited small children. It even has a child-sized area in each sanitary block, good clean facilities, and a reasonably priced restaurant for a quick first French meal (not gourmet, but OK).

People on forums such as this one usually recommend Les Quatre Vents or International de Jablines (also a Camping Cheque site), both of which are near to Disney.

There is one ACSI card site (recommended in another post) nearish to Disney (a 50 minute drive, though) which is Les Etangs Fleuris. However, if you're planning on going during the July/August holidays then the ACSI Card won't be much use to you as it's only accepted between 05/04 - 30/06 and from 01/09 - 15/09.

How long is your holiday going to be for? Will you want another site, or just be staying for a short holiday near Disney?

Good luck - and I hope you have a great holiday.

Edited by ValA

Kevin - message me - I have just got back from Euro disney with my 5 and 7 yo, can give you loads of advice.

Richard

TRAVEL KIT. doc

HI we are thinking of taking our 3 small foster kids to france (euro Disney} next year and as we have never toured in france we need some help, IE any books or ant surgestions of any sites.

what we are thinking is from Nottingham travel to dover and stay a night there and cross channel and stop somewhere on way down to the park but we not sure of any sites or where to look

many thanks kev

if it's your first trip abroad, check out attached file, it may help you

cheers rodd B) ers

skoda superb hatch 1. 6 tdi towing bailey ranger 380

Hi Kevin

If you can go in the Spring Bank Holiday then you'll find sites a lot cheaper, and with three children that may save you a considerable amount. Dover/Calais crossings are the cheapest. Keep a lookout at the time of the Caravan Show in October for codes, shared on here, with may get you a much cheaper crossing for car and caravan. Personally I would stop on the French side - there are sites near the port you could use, and then an early start and you'll be at Eurodisney by late lunchtime. From experience with small children, once you've crossed the Channel you're on holiday. If you do choose to go at Spring Bank Holiday you could use Chateau du Gandspette, (which takes Camping Cheques at that time of year - see www. campingcheque. co. uk ) which is only a twenty-five minute drive from Calais, has a pool, and would be an ideal overnight stop for three excited small children. It even has a child-sized area in each sanitary block, good clean facilities, and a reasonably priced restaurant for a quick first French meal (not gourmet, but OK).

People on forums such as this one usually recommend Les Quatre Vents or International de Jablines (also a Camping Cheque site), both of which are near to Disney.

There is one ACSI card site (recommended in another post) nearish to Disney (a 50 minute drive, though) which is Les Etangs Fleuris. However, if you're planning on going during the July/August holidays then the ACSI Card won't be much use to you as it's only accepted between 05/04 - 30/06 and from 01/09 - 15/09.

How long is your holiday going to be for? Will you want another site, or just be staying for a short holiday near Disney?

Good luck - and I hope you have a great holiday.

Hi many thanks for your reply very helpful, we hope to have about two weeks holiday 1 day before the crossing and 1 day in uk on returning rest in france kev

Kevin - message me - I have just got back from Euro disney with my 5 and 7 yo, can give you loads of advice.

Richard

Hi there many thanks for getting back to me, we have been caravining for over 25 years but never out of the uk. thanks again kev

Jablines is the site we stay at when visiting Disney

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Les Quatres vents for me this year - great site - big pitches (185m2), electric, water tap shared by 2 pitches, decent shower/toilet blocks (kept clean), small clean pool (but great for the kids to have a dip in), very relaxing for quiet morning before going into Disney or coming back from. 15min drive away.