Another Huge Thank You

Although I pop in and out CT every eve or so, it's normally as a spectator and not as a poster. Reason being, I personally feel theres only so much a business can add to a forum without becoming yet another company 'pushing their wares' and that's not how I do business.

However, I feel it's time to express my huge appreciation to many of the forum members that are constantly recommending me and our work. Also many of the CT moderators and people in the background. It's people like you that have helped grow my business into it's now 6th year.

It genuinely amazes us just how many people book purely on what they read on here and other forums. We currently don't advertise anywhere, yet we work in every corner of the UK through our reputation. This is what drives me and it's this that keeps us constantly moving forward. This helps keep smaller businesses growing and also benefits our customers that take advantage of our extensive knowledge and collective skills from myself and Paul.

We are often called or emailed and asked advice with regards to problems. I've always had no problem helping out anyone, even if they don't book us, they go away happy and recommend us to others. That's just the way I like to do my business and it's worked quite well for me.

2014 has seen things pick up pace rapidly with around 50% Caravans and 50% motorhomes booking. Where as in the beginning of the business it was around 80% caravans. From feedback a lot of our Motorhome work is coming directly from Motorhome forums. Whilst I'm on that subject, we have just had yet another editorial feature in the september issue of MMM magazine. We were set a challenge to restore and VW T5 camper that every other company claimed needed a respray! Needless to say the editor that shadowed us for the day was somewhat shocked at the result. I've not personally seen this and its only available to the magazine subscribers as from today and on the shelves on friday. However, if my phone and email is anything to go by today, then we are in for a hectic 2015.

This finally leads me to the good news that we are currently training up another member of the team. He's extremely enthusiastic and loving what he's doing with us, not to mention slightly younger and a lot fitter than myself and Paul. .... Oh and he's my brother! So I know I can trust him once he's ready to be let loose. This is something we had to do because we are currently into October before we can fit in jobs and we loose a fair amount of work from those that cannot wait that long. So hopefully Lee will help plug that gap, so to speak.

Once again from all of us at Tourershine, thanks and feel free to drop us an email if you require advice because I always have time at some point.

Paul

Edited by Tourershine

Very nice post !

All the very best for the future, especially the rookie :o . ..... Now you'll be able to have longer tea breaks :lol:

Gaz40

Myself and Paul will just be happy not to be doing 7 days a week!

Myself and Paul will just be happy not to be doing 7 days a week!

At least you can both cut your lawns on your one day off ;)

I'm not to sure if folks realise what a physically demanding job that you do and in all weathers. Even with good products, it still takes stamina. Never used you yet but I'm sure the jobs worth every penny and I wont forget the offer you made some years back when I was struggling with a new faulty caravan (Now gone). Nice to see that there are some genuine guys running small businesses, especially with what's out there at the moment.

Take it easy . . ish B)

Gaz40

Edited by Gaz40

Business - If you make or do a quality product at a reasonable price, people will flock to your door. Add good service and you have the perfect business.

You are only doing what other companies should be doing but aren't.

Keep it up!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Lovely to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work if ever I need your services I will contact you purely from what I have read on hear I am assured you will do an excellent job

Live life to the full you are a long time dead

Hi,

Two things,

!) Are you by any chance thinking of going into the caravan building game ? Lot of room for consensus people !

2) Just look at how many parts of our country you have seen --- for free ! :D

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

Think you should start and do static caravans also :)

We get calls all the time for statics. My problem is that most of our work is Restoration work and rectifying other people's poor previous work. The biggest jobs we do can cost several hundred pounds. So pricing up something that tends to be larger than some of our big motorhome work, can be far more than most static owners want to pay.

We don't offer any 'valeting' work so to speak and never get calls to just 'wash' any caravans or motorhomes. We mainly carry out the problem work that no one else can do. As far as I'm aware, statics don't suffer from most of these issues.

Plus there's always lots of businesses around the kind of places that have statics offering just what the owners want at prices I cannot compete with.

Saying that, should one come to us that's faded and looks awful, then yes we'd take the job on just for the experience.

Other enquiries we get all the time are boats, planes, glider trailers, car transporters and horse boxes! Pretty much anything made of GRP, fiberglass, plastic or aliminum we get called about. We even once got asked if we could restore an old faded giant plastic Strawberry. .. Needless to say it was an interesting conversation and possibly one I won't ever experience again.

Good to hear your going from strength to strength, very pleased with our senator, best wishes from your most southerly customer!

Word of mouth is the best advertising and money can't buy it. I'm pleased I took the plunge and had you seal my new Bailey motorhome: so easy to keep clean plus I wouldn't have spotted the paintwork problem on the bonnet tip it was to late.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Great to hear Tourershine are going from strength to strength, The two P's did my Elddis Crusader exactly a year ago and I posted at the time that I was amazed at the transformation to what I had thought was a pretty well sorted van.

So 12 months on how is it now? Well, still shiny and best of all (I don't think I can get arrested for this?), when I lovingly run my hands over the paintwork it still feels silky and smooth and best of all looks shiny! I have stuck rigidly to Paul's advice to only use Autoglym products i. e. shampoo and polish, and as he said, if you spend good money getting the van protected by the Tourershine treatment, the cost of the Autoglym products (more expensive that a lot of others out there), is a small price to pay to protect your investment.

All the best to the team and may your business continue to grow and prosper.

Always great to read the progress of our work and nice to see people follow our advice. On the subject of products, we personally only recommend Autoglym products because we know they work for us. We do know that some customers use other products like Fenwicks with just as good result.

We've tested pretty much everything on the market and I can say that some work better than others, but it's a balance of quality with convenience and price for a business. Autoglym have vans all over the country supplying to the trade only. I send my Autoglym man a text list once a week and he delivers to my garage door without me being there. That saves me a lot of time and money as we buy in bulk.

One thing we always do after all jobs is ask to inspect the equipment and products people are using to maintain their pride and joys. Most of the time they are using Fenwicks anyway as it does tend to be the most popular product caravan cleaning product we come across and it won't cause any problems with any of the work we carry out.

We do have products we don't like and if we spot them we will advise they are not used again. Amazingly the most common product we find on most of the work we restore is washing up liquid and lately, dishwasher tablets in hot water! I'd suggest that the use of these cause most of the damage we rectify.

I was looking at my caravan the other day, reflecting on (in?)Tourershine's work when I realised that Paul worked his magic in September 2011 and I still get people coming up to me on rallies asking what I use to clean my caravan to such a gleaming finish.

It's amazing to see their reaction when I tell them it's just water from my fire bucket applied and removed with micro fibre cloths - but first it must be "Tourershined".

Of course, I use Paul's recommended Autoglym shampoo and polish occasionally when it's at home.

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

Nice post Paul and it is good to know you are doing so well

james

James Foote. Hymer 570 (2007). Jaguar XF 2012 3. 0 Premium Lux

i have been "Tourershined" Twice !!

They obviously didn't do a very good job the first time then. ..

:::joke::: before I get pounced on ;)

Edited by TonyJover