What A Prat

Marc Rigden

So after 10 years of caravanning, I have assembled a small but very useful tool kit. Spanners, screwdrivers, duct tape, sparkie tape, fuses, bulb kit and Stanley knife.

Excellent if you remember to pack it in the boot, what a prat I am especially as I need a 15a fuse.

2014 VW Passat 2. 0TDI pulling a 2009 Bailey Ranger GT60 460/4.

Life is good when away caravanning

Our tool kit is identical to yours, had fuses but only the blade types but our microwave fuse went Doh! Luckily they had fuses for sale in the campsite shop/reception.

2015 ABI ASHCROFT EXCL

Duct tape cheap has chips @ Llandudno, a craft shop on the main run of shops that have the old Victorian canopy, 50p a roll.

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

I have a 'man cupboard' in our motorhome full of all that 'rubbish we never need' until we need a fuse or to change a gas bottle, or repair hair straighteners. ................

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

In my caravan, I have everything you would need, including 5 different varieties of kitchen sink.

Except for the thing I actually need!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I carry in the boot of the car everything that you Don't need, as you never know when you'll need it !!

Les

Les

My caravan toolkit lives in a small plastic toolbox under the bed. Hammer, pliers, stanley knife, superglue, multi headed screwdriver plus long posidrive screwdriver, duct tape, ptf tape & electrical tape a couple of drill bits a can of wd40 & a spare fuse & bulb kit.

Still forgot the hose to hose coupler to reach the tap on our recent serviced pitch. ........ Doh :(

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

I have often wondered about forgetting the wife, but then thought i`d miss her really, well maybe not. Hmmm.

I have often wondered about forgetting the wife, but then thought i`d miss her really, well maybe not. Hmmm.

Tell her!! Go on, I dare you!! :D:D

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

I have a 'man cupboard' in our motorhome full of all that 'rubbish we never need' until we need a fuse or to change a gas bottle, or repair hair straighteners. ................

You always need a "man cupboard" full of bits and bobs. ... Fuses,spare bulbs,small toolkit, etc. You never know when you might need it, and we still have an over head locker with nothing in it. No doubt the wife will find something to put in there. .... 😆

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

Tell her!! Go on, I dare you!! :D:D

The last few trips before I SOLD my van were solo. . First two were bliss and freedom the third trip was a eye opener as I felt slightly alienated being on my own in a family Site and the final trip I sat in the local boozer for 4 day's. .. Nah take yer "Beloved" its no as good as you think . .. Trust Me . ..... :rolleyes:

GAS . .... :angry:

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

Had a full set of fuses in the car which was just what I needed when all the driving lights on the van failed. Problem was that all the fuses were the standard twin blade type and the one I wanted was a 'Mini' fuse so they didn't fit. I didn't even realise that such small fuses were used and although we had recently changed the car I thought the old set of spares would do the job. Also worked out why the lights failed - the fuse was 15amp but in the handbook I found that it said to upgrade this to 25amp when towing - a job the towbar fitters failed to do even though they claimed to have fitted the dedicated wiring kit specific to that vehicle.

Do not worry I come from North Shields too i notice I forgot one main thing . And had to back for it, my wallet with my criss card and money in it.

Edited by Caravan rookie

Oh my wife never let's me leave home without it's that my wallet by the way.

2014 VW Passat 2. 0TDI pulling a 2009 Bailey Ranger GT60 460/4.

Life is good when away caravanning