Pick It Up Next Week

Grev

Good morning all,

We have just brought our first caravan eek! We only went in to have a look! Honest!

However. We have purchased our new sprite major 6 and we pick it up in a couple of weeks. Tow bar is being fitted on Friday and I have never towed anything before in my life. Scared is an understatement.

My wife and I are beautiful 30somethings (well the wife's still beautiful I'm going bald and what hair is left is going grey) with six children, the oldest is just of to uni next month and the youngest is toying with his first sentence. We have purchased our caravan after some success camping and some static van holidays and having looked at a 10 day break in Spain at a cost of nearly £6k it seemed a nobrainer! I grew up with caravans being my only holidays until I was 14 and I have missed it ever since so looking forward to giving the younger children some great memories.

Well that's enough about us (don't want to bore you) we look forward to seeing you here and sharing stories, help and advice. ( I won't be giving the advice I will be absorbing it from you all like a vampire)

We only went in to have a look!!!

Welcome to the Forum

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

You will no doubt be regaled with stories of members who went to get some chemical toilet fluid and landed up putting a deposit on a new van so don't feel you are on your own with that one.

There are lots of members with 1000 s of years experience ( between us ) all ready to give helpful advice.

Problem sometimes is that it can be so different but still be right, it's up to you to decide which way to go, a bit like Marmite?....Best wishes . Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

:welcome:

If the dealership is not too far away, have a good poke around in the show model to familiarise yourself with all the switches etc

( leave your wallet at home - all those nice extra goodies are very tempting ) :D & make sure you get a full explanation of how everything in your van works at the handover. Even experienced caravanners get it wrong sometimes - we picked up our second new van & could not get any hot water - until we found the heater switch buried under the bunk bed cushions in the wardrobe :blush:

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Welcome Grev, don't worry about the towing just take your time and don't rush things and you'll be fine, your cars got a decent amount of horse power so you shouldn't be struggling.

As your aware caravanning is a great pastime, we started when the kids were small mainly to have cheapish holidays, now they're grown up and doing other things like going to Magaluf were still going away in the caravan,....it's addictive!!!

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Thank you all very much it's nice to know that impulse buying is alive and well!!

Luckily the van we brought is the dealer demonstrator so has pretty much everything I would have added already shame they only had it in the showroom for 24 hours when we got them to lock the door, hadn't even been fully prepared for being in the showroom. The van in the picture is the actual one can't wait to pick it up although as has been said slow and steady could see the journey back from the dealer take 4 hours if I can't get above 30!! I'll take some brave pills and grow a pair and might push it to 45 lol.

Thanks again guys feeling very welcome

We only went in to have a look!!!

Looks like a nice van Grev, you'll have to take some pics when you get it an post them up. Your bound to be a bit apprehensive when towing first but as you get use to it you'll enjoy it, I prefer towing to driving solo really, driving without a caravan becomes automatic and everyday, but when towing your more aware and you have to drive slightly different. ....enjoy

Oh and don't get annoyed at people pulling out in front of you from side junctions, some people waiting at a T-junction see a caravan coming and think your another slow lumbering caravan and try and get in front of you, (some people think Jeremy Clarkson and top gear is real)

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Welcome

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion