South Yorkshire To Cromer Stops?

We are travelling to Cromer next week with the 'van, probably down the A17 route. Can anyone recommend a services/or stop of point in-between?. Thanks

On the A17 in the Holbeach area, you will notice a left turn to Penny Hill. Keeping on the A17 and immediately past this turn, there is a big cafe sign - ignore that one and keep going. Approx half a mile further on there is a large cafe and farm shop on the left. Plenty of room for the van at the back and you can buy food in the cafe and sit and look onto the van if you want to 'keep an eye' on it. Food isn't bad, moderately priced and plenty of choice. A farm, veg and flower shop to look round if your interested.

I use the farm shop cafe as above, you'll notice the greenhouses on the left and then see cafes at each side of the road.

Do a Google so you know when to expect them.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Bridge repairs at kings lynne are causing big delays, it's worth taking a look at the map for suitable alternatives, our satnav re-routed us but our friends got caught up in a 6 mile tail back we were home 2 hours before them.

Try the A47 route from Loughborough by-passing Leicester. Plenty of decent laybys as I recall.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Bridge repairs at kings lynne are causing big delays, it's worth taking a look at the map for suitable alternatives, our satnav re-routed us but our friends got caught up in a 6 mile tail back we were home 2 hours before them.

According to this link, repairs now completed or have I got the wrong one?

http://www. highways. gov. uk/roads/road-projects/a47-kings-lynn-bypass-rewaterproofing-resurfacing/

Sam :beardy:

I came through on the 11th and it didn't look anywhere near finished, only one half of the dual carriage way open, long term contraflow set up, if they have sorted it all out then respect to them, I'd still check it personally.

Came home from Cromer last week (took an age just to get through the one-way system). For ionce I wish I'd taken notice of my sat. nav. which wanted to send me further south & therefore miss the chaous, but I don't didn't trust it that much.

Got caught in this so-called bridge improvement scheme (it was OK on the way there. ...honest!) during torrential down-pour, & nearly lost the will to live. Regained it just in time for my next outing LOL.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

Came home from Cromer last week (took an age just to get through the one-way system). For ionce I wish I'd taken notice of my sat. nav. which wanted to send me further south & therefore miss the chaous, but I don't didn't trust it that much.

Got caught in this so-called bridge improvement scheme (it was OK on the way there. ...honest!) during torrential down-pour, & nearly lost the will to live. Regained it just in time for my next outing LOL.

It's all these holidaymakers. ..driving us locals mad. Lol

Coming south on A17, turn left onto the old A17 'Sutton Road' . ...400 metres after crossing Sutton bridge. Check out google maps.

Its a perfectly towable, albeit more twisty than the 'bypass', going through the villages, and you arrive at the A47/A14 junction where the roadworks start. Now that might sound daft. But the actual roadworks are only 1-2miles long travelling single file at 30mph. ...the problem is the volume building up on the A47 and A17 bypass before it. So queue jump!

There is a little chef with reasonably spacious carpark at Sutterton, Junct A16/A17. ..40miles from A1

Theres the mega Transport and Coach stop cafe and museum mentioned earlier, at about 60miles from A1. ...and similar distance to Cromer.

Edited by ericfield

Really confused!! Am going through there next week so have done some checks:

• Google traffic 2/3 times per day today - all clear
  • BBC traffic - all clear
  • Lynn News talks about the 'recent' roadworks.
  • Highways Agency says it's finished.

Anyone from there who knows for certain please?

Sam :beardy: