Best Motor Mover

den123

Can I move the van with the motor mover with the electric plugged in would it do any damage

It is not at all advisable and Powrtouch recommend you DON'T do it.

Why can't you use it from the battery once it is charged?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

What do you guys think is the best motor mover for single. axle thanks

It is not at all advisable and Powrtouch recommend you DON'T do it.

Why can't you use it from the battery once it is charged?

Thier fitter put the isolatoor switch in such a possition I can't plug mains lead in whilst the key is in the switch.

Previous caravan with no isolator fitted I pluged mains lead in because battery was low and it blew charger up, one of those "cheap" BCA ones.

Edited by David Park

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

But judging from your other topic, you do have a mover.

What type do you have?

None of us have tried all the makes - most of us only have one make.

For product and service, I would recommend the Powrtouch.

Graham

Powertouch due to excellent customer service and warranty.

Regards, David

Not recommended. Your charger when connected to the mains is putting out around 13. 5volts. Your motors are rated at 12volts and may not like a higher voltage being put through them.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

How deep is your pocket :D

I have had two Reich movers, a comfort and a manual.

Current mover is the cheapest Truma which is manual with a crossbar.

I have merged these two topics as they cover a similar area.

Graham

What do you guys think is the best motor mover for single. axle thanks

The best mover is the one you can afford, just fitted Purple line Enduro and I am happy with it, not tried any different ones

Dave

Having a purple line fitted this Friday, never had one so I don't know which is best. ...

Citroen ds4 2. 0 hdi 163bhp Lunar Venus 500 2012.

We've got a Powrtouch that engages via a switch in the battery box.

Its been on 2 caravans and has given excellent service. Selection was no more scientific than it was the brand the dealer supplied who sold us the caravan it was first fitted to. We've no experience of other brands to base any comparison on.

Things you might want to consider include weight and ground clearance.

Can I move the van with the motor mover with the electric plugged in would it do any damage

It was tried once by a chap I know it completely banjaxed the charger, £140,

and the mover mainboard (I didn't hear what happened to that damagewise )

So best not, probably cheaper to buy a new or second battery.

Let's make this simple. ..

No you shouldn't and yes it would.

Tried it on a previous Truma mover for ten minutes or so because battery had failed.

No problem at all and the mover continued to work for another two years ago when I sold the van.

Dave formerly DaveBelcanto

You were very lucky not to have damaged the van's PSU.

We've had our Reich for 5 years or so on two different caravans and it has never let us down. The only thing I will say though is that it is slung quite low and the plastic covers have got a bit bashed up over the years !! Nothing that gaffer tape can't handle though ! :) But it's reliability has been brilliant ! Each year when the caravan is serviced we get them to give the mover a service too. It's a manual with an actuator bar.

P. S. We too can't insert the red switch to turn the mover on if the EHU plug is in place.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

We've had our Reich for 5 years or so on two different caravans and it has never let us down. The only thing I will say though is that it is slung quite low and the plastic covers have got a bit bashed up over the years !! But it's reliability has been brilliant ! Each year when the caravan is serviced we get them to give the mover a service too. It's a manual with an actuator bar.

I had my Reich moved from in front of the wheels to the rear after hitting something which pushed the roller onto the tyre and I could no longer tow.

Regards, David

I had my Reich moved from in front of the wheels to the rear after hitting something which pushed the roller onto the tyre and I could no longer tow.

I think we would have to move our spare wheel carrier then though. .....

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

I think we would have to move our spare wheel carrier then though. .....

Yes the spare wheel carrier came off and we carried spare inside the caravan. Can be a blessing in disguise though as when you have a puncture it is very difficult to get the spare out of the carrier.

I believe though now there is a set of brackets to allow the carrier to be moved back to allow the mover to be fitted.

Regards, David