Breakdown Cover

poolebob

Last night on site some one backed into my car when it was parked next to the van (don't ask) leaving it drive able just but not fit to do the 500 mile journey home.

New Hondas come ith accident assistance so I rang them. All they offered was to recover the vehicle home. (Which seemed an expensive option to say the least.)

They put me through to their recovery section (actually provided by the AA).

Ok so what about recovering the caravan. "I will have to speak to our recovery contractor"

Comes back "yes we can recover the van. Was it being towed at the time"

No it was parked by the side of the van "then we cannot recover the van"

So it seems:

Car needs recovering OK. If towing at the time van will also be recovered.

Otherwise forget it. So if something happens to the car off site forget it.

I should add my insurers LV were brilliant. Arranged for local body shop to do a temporary repair which they did while I waited.

So check what is covered before it's needed. Me I'm going back to Mayday

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

You won't be disappointed! ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Mayday are brilliant! Towed us off a snow covered site 18 months ago, and then offered to take us all the way home! Declined as once we were on a proper road we had no problems! If abroad it is Red Pennant, who give outstanding service! We learnt that this year!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Mayday in uk red pennant abroad - always

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Mayday in uk red pennant abroad - always

I could make a comment about reliability. ............but I won't :D

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

When I was with the AA my torque convertor decided to give up the ghost so there was no way I could tow our van home. Car wasn't attached when it went, but they took the car back on the breakdown truck & towed the van back as well, even dropping it back to our storage yard, waiting while I parked it up on the mover, then dropped me & car home.

Couldn't fault them.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I could make a comment about reliability. ............but I won't :D

Steady on Woodie that's tantamount to fightin' talk.

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

Steady on Woodie that's tantamount to fightin' talk.

:):)

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.