Charles De Gaulle

Just came back from France. Good holiday in general but just thought i'd share something.

We were driving in convoy down towards CDG airport and the sat nav was telling me to take the exit in about 3 miles (after the airport). My instinct was telling me that it was wrong and I needed to take the exit before the airport.

Decided to go with my instinct and my Brother in Law followed me as he thought I knew better than the sat nav.

Unfortunately, the exit was the airport exit and we found ourselves both towing around the narrow roads and terminals of CDG. To make it worse after doing the full circuit, I missed the exit and had to drive around it all again.

Very stressful to say the least. We felt like the Griswalls!

Regards
Robert
Ford Kuga 150 TDCI Titanium. Bailey Pegasus II Verona

You could have come home the quick way!

post-46773-0-72142200-1408373998_thumb.jpg

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Also just come back from Paris way - I found the outer ring road (N104) really easy to use and the satnav was spot on :-)

From memory, Calais and Lille are sign posted anyway.

Satnav did not like the N104 when we were on the south side.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Sorry, We were on our way to the site, not on our way home.

Regards
Robert
Ford Kuga 150 TDCI Titanium. Bailey Pegasus II Verona

we found ourselves both towing around the narrow roads and terminals of CDG.

Your story reminds me of one of our first ventures abroad long before the days of satnavs. We'd left our site in the Bois du Boulogne and were making our way to Fontainebleau with my late wife doing the map reading and directing. It was obvious that we'd taken the wrong road when we arrived with our caravan on tow amongst all the taxis fighting their way across the forecourt of Orly Airport.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com