Unusual Way Of Using An Alko Wheel Lock!

Whist collecting our caravan from storage yesterday I was talking to an elderly gentleman sorting out his three year old Unicorn parked opposite ours. The subject got on to alko wheel locks as I was removing mine.

He said that when he came to put his on, if the bits did not line up properly, he just put the lock into the red body, and then attached it the wheel with Blu tack! If anybody wanted to pinch his caravan it would appear to be securely locked, unless you examined it very closely!

I wonder how many other people do the same, to avoid the fiddle of fitting it properly?

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Good idea, cos that's about all they are good for, providing a visual deterrent, they can be cut through in seconds, been there got the shirt as they say.

Phil.

Edited by phil1041

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Need to make sure you "throw away" the lock (assuming Joe Feef leaves it behind) before lodging your insurance claim though! :ph34r:

Edited by Gellyneck

Good idea, cos that's about all they are good for, providing a visual deterrent, they can be cut through in seconds, been there got the shirt as they say.

Phil.

+1

My is still 'resting' in the shed as I bought a much better clamp that is easier to use & still locks the wheel to the chassiss, so ins. co. are happy.

Edit; Just found the broucher, wheel clamp is a Milenco compact 'C'.

Edited by micktheshed

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!