Locking Wheel Nuts

Stookieman42

Just upgraded to an Abbey Spectrum 520, 2004. I'd really like to put locking wheel nuts on to protect my alloys but I've no idea how to find the size I need. I've tried the Swift website and looked at the manual but with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

If you have a wheel clamp which fits over one wheel nut, you won't need a security wheel nut!

The unlocking socket is just one more thing to lose, forget to take with you etc.

Skoda Yeti Tdi tugging Elddis Odyssey 482

Swap them all for CSL bolts. Much safer.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Swap them all for CSL bolts. Much safer.

Dreadly,

Do you mean WSL ??

http://www. wheel-solutions. co. uk/ecommerce/ecommerce. html

Ian

Dreadly,

Do you mean WSL ??

http://www. wheel-solutions. co. uk/ecommerce/ecommerce. html

Ian

Yes :). Am away in the van and all I have working is an old iPhone 3 :(. Stupid spell check is awfull.

Mahatma Gandhi

Forgive my ignorance but aren't wheels covered by caravan insurance? Why do you need extra protection beyond the hitchlock and wheel clamps?

Forgive my ignorance but aren't wheels covered by caravan insurance? Why do you need extra protection beyond the hitchlock and wheel clamps?

I guess it comes down to the simple fact that a full alloy for my van is probably the same cost as my excess so no point claiming and I would be down £200 beer tokens.

Then there is convenience, imagine stuck in the south of France and missing a couple of alloys :(. Just a big faf for the sack of a few bolts. IMHO.

Mahatma Gandhi

I guess it comes down to the simple fact that a full alloy for my van is probably the same cost as my excess so no point claiming and I would be down £200 beer tokens.

Then there is convenience, imagine stuck in the south of France and missing a couple of alloys :(. Just a big faf for the sack of a few bolts. IMHO.

Mahatma Gandhi

So, a lot of caravan wheels get nicked in the south of France then?

Another reason for Red Pennant.

So, a lot of caravan wheels get nicked in the south of France then?

Another reason for Red Pennant.

I'm just citing a possible example! You may have taken it a little literally.

You asked why, I gave some answers.

Mahatma Gandhi

Never heard of a case where someone has had their wheels taken.

Possibly because they have locking wheel bolts fitted. :)

Also the majority of cars, with alloy wheels, have one locking wheel bolt fitted to every wheel.

Just a thought.

Most lease companies will insist and even provide a set with each vehicle, certainly 'Lex Autolease' will always provide a set by default due to wheel theft.

Mahatma Gandhi

Possibly because they have locking wheel bolts fitted. :)

Also the majority of cars, with alloy wheels, have one locking wheel bolt fitted to every wheel.

Just a thought.

Do they? I've had four vans with alloy wheels, none had locking wheel nuts, but then one wheel has always had a lock covering one nut.

Never had a wheel stolen yet.

As a matter of interest do any manufacturers fit locking wheel nuts?

Agreed, but if I where to inform my company that all my new 19" alloys had been nicked then they will want to see proof, this comes in the form of bits of broken bolt left at the scene.

Mahatma Gandhi

Your company owns your Caravan? Leased from Lex Autolease?

Edited by ad210358

Your company owns your Caravan? Leased from Lex Autolease?

No, my car :)

I would not risk putting my van in storage with shiny well kept alloys and no lock though! If it ain't nailed down an all that.

Edited by dreadly

Mahatma Gandhi

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself the question " Are my alloy caravan wheels less likely to be stolen if a locking wheel bolt is fitted?"

In my opinion the alloy wheels are less likely to be stolen so all my vans have and will have locking wheel bolts, same as all my cars.

Crossed lines, was referring to the OP fitting locking nuts to his van, not to a car.

What is the difference? An alloy is an alloy no matter what it is fitted to.

Mahatma Gandhi