Coachman Vip 545/4 Water.

johnajones

hi everybody our caravan is a coachman vip 545/4 i noticed that the water on 40 degree cold setting was heating up only so much water not all 11 ltrs and the panel had stopped flashing . i naturaly asume that when you run water, after about 4 ltr,s ish have gone the panel should start flashing ( with me so far )but on ours the panel stays off until your pulling in cold water ie all hot gone .(which was,nt a lot)

all told we get about 2-3 ltrs of warm water this is on gas and electric . also the 60degree setting is boiling .

so my question is is it a,the thermostat at the lower end and how do i convince my dealer that it aint workin . ....they say they have tested it and it seems ok . .. well yea if you turn on and run up you get warm water or if you stick a tester on the thing says ok im live . ..not im only doin half a job . ..any ideas lads

ta

Edited by JanandJay
explentive removed...

hi everybody our caravan is a coachman vip 545/4 i noticed that the water on 40 degree cold setting was heating up only so much water not all 11 ltrs and the panel had stopped flashing . i naturaly asume that when you run water, after about 4 ltr,s ish have gone the panel should start flashing ( with me so far )but on ours the panel stays off until your pulling in cold water ie all hot gone .(which was,nt a lot)

all told we get about 2-3 ltrs of warm water this is on gas and electric . also the 60degree setting is boiling .

so my question is is it a,the thermostat at the lower end and how do i convince my dealer that it aint workin . ....they say they have tested it and it seems ok . .. well yea if you turn on and run up you get warm water or if you stick a tester on the thing says ok im live . ..not im only doin half a job . ..any ideas lads

ta

I have a Pastiche 460/2 2014.

We always use the 60 setting and this cuts in and out as water is used.

The 40 setting only comes on when the heating is on or at initial start up, this setting will not maintain a water temp of 40.

update to water heater prob just spoke to a guy who runs a caravan and motorhome repair and maintanance firm here in dorset, which i have used in the past . he says that to his knoledge and his technicians who do coachman and truma . if you put the heater on 40 degrees then you should definatly have a tank full of warm water . also if you start using the water after a said amount has been used the heater automaticaly kicks in as does with the 60 degree range .

on hols soon so will have to get sorted on our return . :)