Kampa Rally 390 Has Caused A Crease

PBarton

Can't believe it! Decided against purchasing a full awning when I bought brand new caravan as previous van had a large dent after awning pole came crashing down. . After reading the reviews decided to buy the Kampa Rally 390 thinking no more dents! How wrong could I be. ....totally mortified to find a crease left side where Kampa Rally Pole was located!

How can a pole cause a crease????

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

What caravan have you got ? What pole has caused the 'crease' ? Do you have a picture ?

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

I know exactly how you feel - my towsure panama awning left pole marks on the last van so I bought an air awning this time for the new van and touch wood so far no problem. Sorry it doesn't help you now but definitely recommend one for the future or anyone looking to protect theirs against this problem :(

Another thing to watch - I recommend 2 people feed the air awning through channel as I tried it on my own and the weight of awning scratched caravan this trip - hopefully it will polish out but in future 1 of us will feed and the other will keep weight off van until it is in position for inflating.

We're currently being buffeted by strong winds and the air awning is rock solid with or without storm straps and not creeping sideways like it used to with poles.

Hope you get sorted.

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o