Packing Away A Kampa Air Awning

KimmyandGinge

What way do you pack your air awning away??

We can never get it to fit in the bag right??

We lay it down so the air frame is facing up, fold the sides in, then fold the rest up toward the beading, then fold it again, then fold it in from the sides.

It fits in the bag, but only just.

Edited by KimmyandGinge
Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

If it fits in you're doing ok! I downloaded the instructions and there is a specific way to fold it that helps expel the air and when I follow it it does fit in better than when I freewheel, if you can't find them pm me your email address and I'll email them to you.

Roll it up towards the valves to get the air out, then shut the valves. Fold in from the sides to make a long strip slightly narrow than the bag, then roll tightly. Goes in the bag easily.

Bailey Unicorn Valencia S2 & BMW E61 530i

I actually lie on mine just before we put the bag on it just to squeeze that last bit of air out

I just open all the valves and follow packing instructions and it goes in bag ok - once zipped and straps pulled it shrinks a bit more.

Lay flat on roof with windows facing up using storm strap ties to pull flat then fold sides over to make rectangle. I then fold in half using storm tie down point to pull over and fold each end in to middle then over again. I then pull bag over and turn over to zip up. Pull straps to compress.

www. kampa. co. uk/instructions/awnings

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

When Ebay had their password hacking problems they responded by giving existing users a £20 voucher.

I wanted a bag for a sun canopy, and spent my 20 quid on one from 'Ducksback'

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Awning-Storage-Bag-Ducksback-New-zipped-Heavy-Duty-/111315287583?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item19eae87e1f

It was 'huge'! - far too huge for my sun canopy - and Mrs Eddie was quick to point out that I'd wasted my voucher ;)

However, it's turned out to be ideal for our recently purchased Vango Varkala 420 awning - and afforded me the last laugh. . ;)

So, I'd suggest splashing out £20 on one for your Kampa - life is so much easier with an oversized awing bag ;)

£20? They never offered me £20 lol

I assumed everyone had received the £20 - it was an apology for the hassle of changing passwords due to Ebay's lax security (although, of course, they didn't put it quite like that ;) )

It was a code that you entered on the Paypal payment page. I think plenty of people did get their £20 because the bids on a number of items I was watching suddenly jumped up by that amount ;)