Caravan Dealers

Hello Everyone

I have just joined the group and I am asking for your help and expertiese and candor

Why well I have been looking at various sites and it seems like buying a caravan from a dealer can be akin to buying a raffle ticket (there were lots of other phrases that came to mind then but I thought I would keep it respectable)

What I would like to know if anyone would be brave enough to say is can you name a dealer that you would use again to buy a caraven from, if so why?

Also can you trust them to give good service and not be like most sales people which is as soon as the money hits the till then they have a complete memory lapse of who you are

I am being tempted by the Baily Persuit 530/4

Peter Phoenix

It's a difficult subject this, because we all expect different things from dealers.

I've bought vans from three different dealers, but would not buy from them again because their aftersales was poor. When you find a decent dealer, stick with them.

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. We bought our caravan, a Bailey Unicorn Seville in 2011 from a dealer based in East Dereham, Norfolk, namely Greentrees. We live in Essex but take it back to there every

year for its annual service. We are very pleased with the service from them. Hope this helps,

Regards, Sylvy

Difficult to recommend a dealer when you don't say where you live.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

We trust M and M Leisure in Haverhill Suffolk who are Bailey agents. We have always found them very good.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

And I am very pleased with Leisure Sales at Brereton Green, near Holmes Chapel. Not my nearest dealer but worth the one hour trip each way for me.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

When we looked at caravan dealers we tended to find that their stock was over priced and in many cases the vans were in poor condition with bits missing inside.

Despite promises that all would be rectified before purchase we decided to buy privately.

The first one we saw was advertised on ebay and in exellent good condition with all the extras (awning, waste and water carriers, cutlery, plates, motor mover etc).

The advertised price was good so it was a difficult haggle - the only thing I could home in on was that the tyres needed replacing.

Knocked the price down a bit and probably saved at least 2. 5k on a similar van from a dealer and that's not including the cost of all the extras.

Ok, so there's no guarantee and you can't take it back if there is a problem but with careful selection you can get you a gem at an excellent price.

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Hi Peter, welcome to the forum. We bought our caravan, a Bailey Unicorn Seville in 2011 from a dealer based in East Dereham, Norfolk, namely Greentrees. We live in Essex but take it back to there every

year for its annual service. We are very pleased with the service from them. Hope this helps,

Regards, Sylvy

Horses for courses, we bought a new Swift from them (they are geographically our nearest dealer). Nothing wrong with the van or the purchase process but their aftersales and service were dire in our experience.

Cheers

Keith

Peter,

We have never yet had a bad experience with a dealer although there are some that we have visited and decided for various reasons that we would not like to do business with them.

We have had particularly good experiences with Brayford Leisure at Lincoln and Salop Leisure at Shrewsbury. When we have encountered problems both dealers have been prompt and helpful in resolving the problems.

George Harris at Salop Leisure is the only person that I have bought 3 caravans off, so he must be doing something right!

We've used Bardsea Leisure, Ulverston, Cumbria for sales and service. Excellent and no gripes at all. Recommended.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

As you're looking at the Bailey, I can recommend Forest of Dean Caravans at Parkend, nr. Lydney in Gloucestershire. Unfortunately you don't say where in England you live, so when you pop in to read your replies, please let us know what part of the country you're from, then your replies may be more relevant.

Welcome to CT by the way.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Having had various new and used 'vans over a 30 year period from a variety of Dealers, some good and some not so good, the Dealer that stands out a mile for me is Broad Lane leisure at Kenilworth & Alcester in Warwickshire.

I've had three new 'vans from them (including my latest purchased earlier this year). Nothing is too much trouble for any of the brilliant staff there and they make spending my hard earned a pleasure!

Aftersales is also brilliant. Living in Kent, we have always stayed overnight at their showground when collecting our new 'vans, allowing us the opportunity to test everything and ensure that everything is to our satisfaction before taking it away. The staff at Broad Lane always complete any little snags on the spot and as I mentioned before, nothing is too much trouble.

Likewise, any aftersales issues are dealt with in the same brilliant manner - I'm not alone in my thinking either - a friend of mine travels over from Northern Ireland to both purchase and have his 'vans serviced by the Broad Lane team.

For me and him, they make it difficult to even consider a change of Dealer in the future,