Happy But Glum

milkymarsh

Just come back from 2wks in the vendee. Car performed fantastically with van on the back, 4 bikes on the roof and totally loaded up to the max (especially coming back with the odd few bottles of beer/wine).

All in for the 1000 miles we got 31mpg, and towing (600 miles of it) we got 26. 4mpg. Considering the bikes on the roof don't help things, don't think that's too bad at all.

Just facing the stark reality of being back home, its cold and grey and now have to clear down the van from the trip :(

Time to start planning the next trip!

It is depressing when you get back isn't it, Britain can be so grey after the sun and change of another country, we are off next weekend, only to Devon, but so looking forward to it

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

We've been away on four short trips in the last five weeks, now the kids are back spat school on Monday it will be ages until we can escape again.

Wife suggest we sit in the van and have lunch occasionally . .. guess she's got the bug too!

Edited by Rael

Life's much simpler when away in the van and it's always tough getting back into the swing of day to day living.

Rael I sometimes sit in the van with a cuppa when out in the garden and think about past holidays and jobs that need doing. ...think I'm Getting soft in my old age.

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

Been away 4 weeks now in Oxfordshire and Somerset and had the best weather I can ever remember in a caravan :)

Only 2 weeks left and starting to feel glum about going home :(

Longest we've ever been away and unbelievably the lads have missed us - 1 came last week to stay and other is coming this week :o

Had to buy an inner tent for the kampa air awning because the caravan is our sanctuary - should of picked a site with toilet/shower block though :lol:

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o