How To Recreate Textured Finish?

Hi everyone, today i have filled the match box sized dent that a previous owner did in the side of the van after an argument with a fence post, it was a good half an inch deep if not a little bit more but by building up 3 layers of p40 fibreglass filler its come out well.

I am now ready to take on the mammoth task of repainting the entire outside of the van, but before i can do this i need to find a way of replicating the textured finish that it has, its kind of hard to explain but its like little raised flecks.

The only thing i can think of is using a paint pen and building up layers to create the raised flecks, but i was wondering if there was another way.

Thanks in advance :)

Maybe a photo??

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

All he has to do is talk to CaravanMedic and they will quote him for a repair using their patented system. A quick Google would have shown him that.

Tony

This may be more helpful. Try this

https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=rYqwLyMaC28

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Admin Comment

The bickering and arguments have been removed.

To provide continuity other posts have been removed, just because yours was removed does not mean you are on the naughty step. ;)

This may be more helpful. Try this

I'm guessing that's the YouTube vid showing how the texture is copied? Link doesn't work on my iPhone but assuming that's what it is, it demonstrates the procedure well. :)

Tony

Oh, now I've quoted the link I can see the video!

I'm guessing that's the YouTube vid showing how the texture is copied? Link doesn't work on my iPhone but assuming that's what it is, it demonstrates the procedure well. :)

Tony

Oh, now I've quoted the link I can see the video!

Spot on Tony.

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Admin Comment

The bickering and arguments have been removed.

To provide continuity other posts have been removed, just because yours was removed does not mean you are on the naughty step. ;)

That is very sad, as he was only asking for advice.

Ii it was on a oldser cheapy van just being tidied up, then I would buy a thick texture spray froma decent body shop supplier and use that, get some practise in first. It would not be a perfect match, but being textured it would show up less that a flat finish.

I would be looking at the Plastex4 range and go for the coarse, Applying from as far away as possible give a bigger texture, for example when used on a car dashboard I would be spraying from 2 foot away at times.