External Bbq Gas Point Issue

Kellogg

Hello all,

This is my first posting so hi to everyone and I need to ask a question!We recently bought an Elddis Supreme 2 berth caravan which is a dealer special based on the Avante.

The question I have is on the external gas tap connector. On our previous caravan a 2 berth Swift the bbq point was a quick release type and I thought the point on our new an was identical. How wrong was I ? It looks the same,but it won't push up and there is insufficient room to connect our existing pigtail into it even if it did push up as there is not enough room as the bottom of the housing is in the way.

I am completely mystified! I am obviously missing something completely or it has been fitted incorrectly. As the dealer we purchased from is up north a good 4 hours away I'm not quite sure how to proceed with resolving this!

Any ideas fellow caravanners? All answers gratefully received!

K ?

post-61612-0-54311600-1408217453_thumb.jpg

post-61612-0-20871700-1408217474_thumb.jpg

Perhaps you should be sending these photos to your dealer, he's the one who should be answering your questions. Failing that, go to a local dealer and have a look in their shop and/or their vans, and see what their BBQ points look like

Edited by Marks
  • Like 1

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Perhaps you should be sending these photos to your dealer, he's the one who should be answering your questions. Failing that, go to a local dealer and have a look in their shop and/or their vans, and see what their BBQ points look li

Same BBQ point as ours and it's quick release. .. Maybe a pic of what your trying to insert might help. ...

Lunar Solaris 1 Limited Edition 2007 Hopefully Behind A

BMW 520D MSport Touring. ...

***** Jack of all Trades. ... Master of None *****

Thanks for your replies. The pigtail I am trying to insert is the silver one as pictured.

I will try our local dealer tomorrow to see how the bbq points look on their Elddis vans!

And yes I have emailed the dealer and I am still awaiting a reply! ?

Thank you all again!

K?post-61612-0-19574100-1408220895_thumb.jpg

That will fit. Had one identical point fitted to our last Ace. .. Pics of the actual pipe you're trying to fit will maybe explain?

NB it can sometimes help to pull up the collet with one hand while inserting the plug. . as it can be stiff when new.

Oh and you will find the red tap needs to be turned

90 degrees to be inline to turn the gas on.

Edited by Rodders53

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Hi again,

After numerous conversations with an ebay seller ( very helpful chap!) and our local dealer I have discovered that the gas point is called a TND point and the connector it uses is one of the older type brass coloured connectors pictured below. It is extremely difficult to engage also but this could be as mentioned above because it is a new van.

Apparently from 2014 onwards some caravan manufacturers are using these points on new vans as historically they were only used up until 2004.

I still think the tap is very low down in the housing box but at least it is now usable!

Thank you everyone for all your input and I hope this question may help someone else in the future!

Here's hoping the weather is good over the bank holiday so we can actually use the bbq now. ....... ?

post-61612-0-39811500-1408455558_thumb.jpg

post-61612-0-63644600-1408455577_thumb.jpg

post-61612-0-70411500-1408455595_thumb.jpg

I've had the same problem with airline fittings. They look very similar but aren't interchangeable.

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Tony, same here. Look very similar but if you get the wrong one, no go!

• 7 years later...

I have that fitting on my (2019) caravan, never had a moments trouble with it! 

Below is a picture of the male coupling that inserts into the fitting in the caravan. 

16593731786861400409081251357213.jpg

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.