Where To Advertise?

LongTimeCaravaner

A recently bereaved friend has asked me where would be best to advertise her caravan for sale. Obviously at this time she wants as little hassle as possible. Would a dealer take it as she doesn't want a new one? Apart from that I can think of E-Bay, Caravanfinder and Autotrader which would reach a wider market than the local paper but what sucess have others had?

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

I advertised mine on here, with no joy but on Gumtree and Preloved I had a few enquiries and sold it within 10 days

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

Depends on the value, at the cheaper end of the market Gumtree is probably the best option, and is free.

If she's not in a hurry some dealers will sell it on a commission basis, ie they don't buy it they just sell on her bad half and take a percentage. It's attractive to the dealers especially at this time of year as it gives them stock with no outlay - might be the most straightforward option (though not necessarily the most profitable)

Autotrader, I've used to sell 3 caravans, 2 cars and 2 vans in the past 5 years, also a very nice Triumph Renown which the purchaser arranged collection for delivery to the states. Worked well every time.

Not nice to see so many memories hitch up to somebody else's car tho.

Gumtree. Free and my caravan was gone in 48 hours. With lots of other interest.