Our Sportline Px

R&B

Just an update on our PX that we bought new in Feb this year.

We wern't sure about the layout at first but thought that we'd take a chance. We'd downsized from an Olympus as it's just the 2 of us and didn't see the point in pulling wasted(for us) space around with us. The PX is about 250kg lighter and I havn't bothered to swap the mover as it's just about light enough to manhandle-it feels heavier than 1200 kg all up though!

Things to start with were not so good-mainly due to poor or non existent PDi. Gradually things have got sorted out by the excellent Curtis at Venture. As time has passed,we've grown to like the van more and more.

Anyway,we've just got back from a month in France - week in Millau on Les Erables after it was recommended by a forum member-great site! Then a few days beside Lac de Salagou - a very basic,laid back site with good fishing and then 13 nights on the Med.

The van was absolutely brilliant. The layout is so good for 2 people. We used a sun canopy for some space to spread out but could have managed just with the van. The bed is great with the 2" memory foam and the fridge works better than any other we've ever had. We'd had the external gas and electric points fitted by Venture and they were so useful. The toilet is perfect for just that- night visits to the toilet. We always use site facilities and would not stay on a site if the wash blocks were not clean. I can not understand British manufacturers obsession with end washrooms. If you don't want one you are virtually forced to look at foreign manufacturers. We used ours as a storeroom in our Olympus. Personal view though ![/font]

Strangely,the van still uses more fuel than the Olympus. I always averaged 27mpg but with the Adria I struggle to get 25mpg-Maybe because its wider therefore creating more resistance. Interesting that Adria are mentioning fuel consumption in their sales blurb for next years revised "I" shape Alteas. Maybe others have said the same?

I am surprised that we have not seen anyone else on the forum with this model - it really is a great layout. I'm even more surprised that Adria have dropped it for next year!

They are,in my opinion,making a mistake by increasing weights as for me the appeal was always a smart looking van with all necessary kit, interesting and practical layouts and very low weights. Time will tell.

I've just realised that there is no real direction to this ramble,I just wanted to sing the praises of this great little van. Be good. ;)

Any chance you can change the font to standard?! Having difficulty reading it

Can others read it?Can the TX be altered?

I have removed tbe font html bits that the OP included. Should be clear now.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thanks Wispman. The first half is changed but the second half is still the original font. Could you do the same for that please. Many thanks.

How strange, it's all been changed on my version!

• 2 months later...

I bought the altea 432px 4 berth very similar to the sport line it only tares 1035kg with a max load of 1350kg witch is heaver than the European vans they are built with heaver chassis for the Australian conditions its lighter than my last 3 vans.

Yes I love the lay out it has a very comfy inner spring double bed and the seating area becomes a second double bed it has all the comfort of the larger vans with a large toilet shower combo and a vanity outside the shower and for extra room it has a full annex camp room that attaches to the side of the van, I love the mechanical braking and stability control no more electric brakes witch is compulsory on aussie vans but not on imports. I LOVE IT

They are getting very popular here in Australia because of the weight you don't need the big 4 wheel drives to tow it, our vans are built very heavy for the off road condition but it will be ok for good unsealed roads witch I use at times for free camping near our beaches and rivers. It is fully self contained with battery power and solar and all main appliances like hot water service - fridge- cooktop and stove also run on gas, you don't need much else.