Kia Sorento Kx-2 Auto (2014) Towbar Query

springtime

Just looking at the towbar fitted to my Sorento and the height to the centre of the ball is 451mm (16 inches).

I pulled out the fitting instructions that the fitter had left http://www. witter-towbars. co. uk/uMedia/FittingInstructions/KA38. pdf and noticed that Witter state that it should be 460mm.

Further investigation shows that the flange bar fitting has two pairs of holes and the fitter has bolted the ball to the lower pair but the instructions show it bolted to the higher pair i. e. 460mm.

Is this incorrect and can any of you guys check yours for me (if it's a Witter flange type).

Many thanks

Steve

Edited by springtime

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Ours is certainly fitted to the top holes so 460mm. OH says he thinks he wouldn't worry unless when the loaded caravan is attached it is nose down.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

My tow ball is also fitted to the top pair of holes and I have just measured it at 450.

There is a bit of variation depending on the self levelling suspension.

See what it looks like with your van connected, if it is a bit down, alter the position to the top holes.

Mine is a 2014 kx3 with a fixed Witter bar.

Mine is a fixed flanged Witter tow bar and measures 477mm to the top of the ball, using the top bolt holes.

Don't check it with the van on until you have managed to activate the SLS as it will just sag if you don't.

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

Sorentos without self-levelling will sit higher unladen than those with self-levelling - and conversely will sit lower laden - however - the self-levelling isn't instant so may give a misleading height if you've just loaded or unloaded.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Sorentos without self-levelling will sit higher unladen than those with self-levelling - and conversely will sit lower laden - however - the self-levelling isn't instant so may give a misleading height if you've just loaded or unloaded.

OP has KX2 Auto 2014 they have SLS

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg