France - Non Toll Road D941

Hi

Off to France week after next, with caravan!

Our plan, Ferry to Roscoff (live near Plymouth) and if weather is good we will stay in Brittany/Loire for 4 weeks.

However if the weather is not so good we will head South until we find good weather, maybe to the Med.

We are not time constrained and don't mind non motorway routes and most especially would like to avoid paying huge amounts in tolls.

I know from past experience that I can get to Limoges quite easily without paying tolls. The problem then is getting further South.

I'm looking at the D941 Limoges to Clermont-Ferrand in order to get to toll free A75.

Never been on the D941 before. Its looks OK on google maps.

Anyone have experience of this route or can you advise a better way?

Thanks in anticipation!

We've towed on the D941 many times as it is our route from home to the A75.

If you are coming down from Poitiers to Limoges head on to the D942 at Bussiere Poitevine heading for Montlucon, join the N145 and from Gueret cut across to Aubusson on the D941.

Wave as you sail past our gates!!

My toll free route to the A75 is the N154 down to Orleans, then the D2020 and then the D2144 down to CF.

I shall be towing that route in 2 weeks time.

Phil,.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

But Phil, the questioner is coming from Roscoff.

Moulin's route is right and we only vary it slightly by going past Gueret on the N145 as far as junction 45 and south towards Aubusson from there. And by pass Clermont on the north side

Moulin's route is right and we only vary it slightly by going past Gueret on the N145 as far as junction 45 and south towards Aubusson from there. And by pass Clermont on the north side

We take either of the two routes mentioned and we decide on the day. The route to Jnct 45 avoids Gueret but the route across isn't so good, while crossing through Gueret is a pain thereafter the road is surface is better.

Thanks for the help everyone. Moulin's route looks spot on! Hopefully the weather will come good and we can stay in the Northern half of France, but I have a feeling we will be heading South. Thanks again!