Colin10

Hi everyone,
My wife and I bought a new eddies crusader supersirocco in May but having a few problems with water ingress . Anyone with any comments on Elddis's new construction methods . ?

:welcome:

I will move this to the Elddis section where it will get greater visibility for you.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

:welcome:

Hi Colin10, your only course of action is back to the dealer I'm afraid. Or you could reject the van and go down the SoGA route.

There are others on here far more qualified than me to explain the SoGA.

However, if you purchased the van on finance, then the finance company are liable. I have been in dispute with my dealer, but because the van is financed through Black Horse I notified them. It's funny how different the dealer will behave when they are involved.

Good Luck

Colin

This does not sound good. Where is water getting in? Presumably you have told your dealer? I would also recommend you email and call Elddis about this as water ingress on a 2014 'Solid' van must be something they would wish to investigate and sort for you ASAP.

Michael

Welcome!

As said previously you need to take this issue up with dealer.

Take a look at http://www. which. co. uk/consumer-rights/regulation/sale-of-goods-act and http://www. adviceguide. org. uk/nireland/consumer_ni/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/faulty_goods_e. htm

If it's bad I would reject and go for refund or replacement in view of the age - if you like the caravan and think it can be sorted properly you may accept a repair - only you can make that judgement.

If you paid deposit with credit card or bought with finance you need to make claim to card or finance company too http://www. which. co. uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-credit-act

Speed is essential - you are within 6 months of new so that simplifies things for you regarding evidence.

As a fellow owner I'm interested in where you found the damp and having had issues with my last caravan that took 8 months to resolve I feel your pain - I hope you get sorted and you're dealer is one of the good ones!

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Thank you for your reply's and advice.

Sorry for delay in coming back but I am very new to forums and

not sure how it all works.

I have informed the dealer and Elddis of the situation.

I have to say that as a result of a previous communications with the Elddis Customers Services Dept. I have found Elddis to be very responsive and helpful.

For the time being I will await replies and then let matters take their course.

We were all new to forums at first, so don't worry, there is nothing much you can do wrong, so post and ask questions :)

This is what the forum is for.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion