Service Areas On Route From Madrid To Palomares.

On route from Bilbao to Palomares, in November we usually stop over at Camping Riaza for the night then onto Palomares after refueling in Riaza.

We then take the M50 and R3 towards Valencia then A31 towards Albacete, A30 towards Murcia then E15/A7 towards Almeria and Cuevas Del Almanzora.

Does anyone who knows this route give me any information of a decent service area where we could refuel and have a cuppa and is not too far off the motorway say along the A31 heading towards Albacete. Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. Many thanks.

There are at least 3 service stations with restaurants/cafes etc just before you reach Tarancon on the main

Valencia/Madrid road we usually stop for a break there.

Or if you go further there is a filling station just before you reach Albacete,also a hotel/restaurant/filling station

etc just before the turn off to Albacete on the Valencia road.

There is no shortage of places to stop on your route,We always fill up with diesel in Albacete as there

are no filling stations on the main road between Albacete & Murcia.

Have a safe journey.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

There are at least 3 service stations with restaurants/cafes etc just before you reach Tarancon on the main

Valencia/Madrid road we usually stop for a break there.

Or if you go further there is a filling station just before you reach Albacete,also a hotel/restaurant/filling station

etc just before the turn off to Albacete on the Valencia road.

There is no shortage of places to stop on your route,We always fill up with diesel in Albacete as there

are no filling stations on the main road between Albacete & Murcia.

Have a safe journey.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably look out for the filling station/hotel, restaurant just before the A30 turn off for Albacete. I presume its on the A31.

The reason why I posted this topic is because when we traveled the same route in 2013, we stopped at a service point similar to the one you mentioned where we could have a cuppa and use the loo which was attached to the garage but this last year somehow we missed it and found that we had to travel some distance with crossed legs and a watchful eye on the fuel gauge and finally stopped at a filling station on the E15/A7 towards Almeria.

The problem I have is that I hate leaving the main road in search of fuel and the service area we stopped at in 2013 was just off the main road. Anyway thanks again Old Nick. I'll try and find it this time. Much appreciated.

Edited by Happy Chappie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Happy Chappy we have just done the route on our way to mojacar. The filling station you want is the 2nd one.

Called La Pausa, Do not wait for the hotel near the Albacete turn as the whole road is being re built/re surfaced

& its a nightmare getting on & off the road due to chicanes & lane changes.

Tip do NOT fill up on the Valencia road as the cheapest diesel I could find was 1. 33 euros while nearer the coast

it was 1. 24 euros

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Hi Happy Chappy we have just done the route on our way to mojacar. The filling station you want is the 2nd one.

Called La Pausa, Do not wait for the hotel near the Albacete turn as the whole road is being re built/re surfaced

& its a nightmare getting on & off the road due to chicanes & lane changes.

Tip do NOT fill up on the Valencia road as the cheapest diesel I could find was 1. 33 euros while nearer the coast

it was 1. 24 euros

Many thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I googled with google map along the A31 and found a petrol station with a rest area nearby at Jtn 69. It seemed quite easy to get to from this junction, is this the road which is being resurfaced etc?? bear in mind that I'll be traveling mid November to Palomares. Thanks again for your help, Sorry to be such a pain!

Edited by Happy Chappie