Parking At Portsmouth With Caravan

Does anyone know if we can park up at Portsmouth port or very near, so we can have a stroll before we board?

If you're going by Brittany Ferries or the other one you can park your car / caravan on the far left of the ticket checking kiosks.

We do it every year when we get there at around 12:30 pm lunch at the pub and then go for a stroll in Portsmouth.

Usually join the queues quite early i. e. 3:30 to 4:00 pm for the eight O'clock Ferry. They don't start checking in until 5:00 to 5:30pm.

Edited by springtime

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

But. ......... if you are going over to the IoW, there is a limited area for parking, and I guess you won't be too popular with the staff?

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Thankyou springtime. we are Brittany ferries.

We are going to france.

Never ever had a problem parking at pompey. pull over to the fence on the left park up & go & enjoy your pint. ;):D

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

Hi Ladydode 100,

There are a few places nearby if you can't park up at the port. The main issue you will find is where they are big free car parks near by they are normally restricted to 90 mins free parking (morrisons and Sainsbury to name two), so depends on how long you want to to stop for. Portsmouth City Centre itself isnt that great. If you have a bit of time to kill you are far better off going to Southsea which is much nicer (as I say it depends on your time restrictions). If you do go to Southsea I would reccomend that you park up on Eastern Parade as its one of the few places with plenty of parking where you wont get charged and can stop as long as you want. There's a really nice cafe there called the tenth hole which is attached to a pitch and put course. Also this is walking distance from Canoe lake (more of a large pond) which is really nice. I find it makes a lovely relaxed few hours. Though I am biased as I live 5 mins away from there!