Kojack - Twin Axle

Maffffster

I've been looking into the Kojack system and i was wondering if anyone else has managed to fit them to a twin axle caravan with twin motor movers. When i look under my caravan i can't see how you can fit them with the movers in place ?

Anybody else managed to fit them ?

Disco 3 and Bailey Segovia 

If you have a twin axle have you looked at the Lock and level System http://delter-culson. co. uk/new-gallery-1/ far easier to use and a lot lighter then a Kojack.

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.

I looked at this and could not fit it with a 4 wheel drive mover. I had to remove the Alko jacking brackets to fit the mover. I presumed these bolt into to the same holes as the Alko the difference being one half inside and one outside the chassis rail. The spare wheel had been moved already on my chassis by the previous owner.
Not sure if your chassis is the same as the Baileys
After a lot of deliberation I bought both a single and double lock n level. The double for levelling and fitting the wheel locks and the single for the odd occasion I may need to level on the offside, to fit the wheel locks and also to jack the caravan up should I need to change a wheel.
I would recommend it without hesitation. It is also a one time operation ( if you get your spirit level in the right place) as it lifts the caravan with the wheels loaded

Don't bother. In the event of a puncture, drive the good wheel up a levelling ramp, change the punctured wheel, drive down, job done. Cheaper, safer, quicker and less effort.

I can't disagree with you there, but would appreciate it if you could quantify, why in your opinion it is safer, in case I over-looked something when opting to buy the Lock n Level.

Edited by Lee21

I can't disagree with you there, but would appreciate it if you could quantify, why in your opinion it is safer, in case I over-looked something when opting to buy the Lock n Level.

Have you ever seen a caravan fall off a levelling ramp? much bigger foot print, much less leverage i. e. the jack would be extended say 300mm in height at least compared to 100 mm or so for the ramp. if the vehicle rolls for any reason it wont suddenly crash down, it would roll down the ramp.

My Coachman Laser had exactly the same scenario. The dealer fitted twin powrtouch movers and had to remove the mud flaps and Kojack brackets to fit the rear movers. I emailed Al-ko and asked the question, their reply was that neither Kojak or Al-ko jacking brackets can be used under these circumstances, and they suggested a small trolley jack be carried in the car boot. which is what i now do. I bought a 2 tonne trolley jack in a blow moulded case from Machine Mart. I like the idea of the levelling ramp though.

Edited by toby6033

2020 VW Touareg R line towing 2019 VIP 565 with powertouch mover.

Have you ever seen a caravan fall off a levelling ramp? much bigger foot print, much less leverage i. e. the jack would be extended say 300mm in height at least compared to 100 mm or so for the ramp. if the vehicle rolls for any reason it wont suddenly crash down, it would roll down the ramp.

Misunderstood you I did not realise you were talking about a jack thanks for the reply

This all started for me as an alternative to carrying the trolley jack. Even though I've contacted koJack and they advised me the jack will work. I cannot see how when the chassis holes are obstructed by the movers, even if I managed to get to the bolt holes the movers them self would be in the way. I've looked at the lock and load system and that's not for me. I will stick with the trolley jack as if got it down to a fine art now and can get the Al-Ko locks on in minutes

One last thought, it's a shame koJack don't make a bracket that bolts onto the holes on the chassis in the middle of the two wheels on my T/A

Thanks for all your replies

Disco 3 and Bailey Segovia