Gas Regulator Question

Flat_at

After reading about regulator failures due to contamination, can I ask for opinions on the following suggestion. My van is a 2011 xplore 302 running, at the moment, on propane. Would it be allowable to use a bottle mounted 37 mb regulator feeding through the 30 mb bulkhead regulator using appropriate pipe and fittings. Thank you all in anticipation of some sensible input.

Tony

Retirement, the best job I've ever had. The only problem is, I don't get a day off.       I'm not paranoid, they ARE out to get me.

You know you're an intellectual when you hear The William Tell Overture and you don't think of the Lone Ranger.

• 2 weeks later...

Did I make the question too difficult by asking for "sensible input"?

Retirement, the best job I've ever had. The only problem is, I don't get a day off.       I'm not paranoid, they ARE out to get me.

You know you're an intellectual when you hear The William Tell Overture and you don't think of the Lone Ranger.

Hi, No that configuration will not work, you would be in effect regulating the gas flow twice, leading to incorrect combustion and therefore the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. if your worried by a potential failure of your regulator either get a filter or change to a clesse regulator at 30mb.

Skegness 'The Sunnier Side of Britain'

Hi, No that configuration will not work, you would be in effect regulating the gas flow twice, leading to incorrect combustion and therefore the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. if your worried by a potential failure of your regulator either get a filter or change to a clesse regulator at 30mb.

There are many regulators which are dual stage so it would work as the first regulated pressure is higher than the second however not a very practical arrangement.

There is no reason why a bottle mounted regulator cannot used apart from the fact it does not comply with NCC requirement but it does comply with the EN regulation which permits both bottle mount and bulkhead mount.