Concertina Blinds

Les Medes

How are owners getting on with these, for us they are a pain, the Panoramic front Blind "bunches" when we try to close it, the other blinds, well one has broken string already and we have to wait four to six weeks for a replacement cassette, really shoddy product in our opinion, I look forward to other members thoughts on this

Les

Les

We had a problem with the sunroof blind not staying up, but this was adjusted by our dealer last year and has been fine since. You do have to be careful raising it and sort of jiggle it when almost fully open though to get it to sit nicely. No problems when lowering it (close it). We also have to be careful when lowering the sloping front blinds, particularly the end ones, as the square gripper you hold to raise or lower can twist in the runners if you don't lean forward and maintain the direction of travel. Now we've sussed it out it's no longer a problem, but i think it's caused by the side slots being a little too pliable. It would be very easy to put a thumb/finger through the blind material if not careful.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Now on my third swift group model with the same blinds, no issues with them on the first 'van or the current one, but had a couple replaced on my last 'van but more because they were crooked rather than anything operational.

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

Hi,

We had them in our Lunar clubman. The one on the roof skylight use to rattle when windy and when we sold the van after 10 months noticed that where the blind folded the daylight was starting to show through---------

Skoda Scout 4x4 pulling a coachman Amara 520/4 at 93%---- when full!

One of my blinds irritates me because every time I travel it closes. I've taken it back to my dealer along with numerous other problems but they say there is nothing that can be done. Not impressed

ElBeardo

Coachman Pastiche 520/4 towed by Mitsubishi Shogun Equippe 3. 2

One of my blinds irritates me because every time I travel it closes. I've taken it back to my dealer along with numerous other problems but they say there is nothing that can be done. Not impressed

ElBeardo

Same here, ours closed whilst travelling, dealer fixed it by replacing complete cassette, ready to go to spain on Sunday.

Les

Les

• 2 weeks later...

I hate concertina blinds. One of the reasons I went for the vision over a pegasus was the blinds. The concertina ones are just too delicate with young kids.

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

Seems that we have a faulty caravan then as our blinds all work perfectly :ph34r: :rolleyes:

Land Rover Discovery S2 Td5

Coachman VIP 520/4  ( 2013 )

I hate concertina blinds. One of the reasons I went for the vision over a pegasus was the blinds. The concertina ones are just too delicate with young kids.

Same here. It was a big plus for the Vision for us too

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a way to adjust these blinds if they are to loose. Remove the blind from the window just 6 screws very easy. clip off the bottom feet and you will see two cords joined by a clip. Using long nosed pliers gently pull them off the fastening. Depending how loose your blind is you need to do a wind around one side of the plastic retainer just to tension the cords which should be straight. do the same on the other side as they must be equal and not to tight! Remember you don't need to shorten to much.

If you have blinds that are to stiff then its the opposite let them out using very small cable ties.

I was talking to the service manager at our local Bailey dealer about the roller blinds on my 2012 Olympus being a bit troublesome - he said that's nothing, be glad you haven't got the new concertina ones, he reckoned they are inundated with problems.

I was talking to the service manager at our local Bailey dealer about the roller blinds on my 2012 Olympus being a bit troublesome - he said that's nothing, be glad you haven't got the new concertina ones, he reckoned they are inundated with problems.

And when someone complains about their concertina blinds, he tells them to be thankful they do not have the roller blinds as they are inundated with problems on them. :D

I agree they are a little more difficult to operate than the roller blinds. I use the same method as Glen and Les on the panoramic window and that seems to work well to raise the blind, no problem lowering it though. The biggest problem I have is that I find it difficult to reach as I am under-tall but that is not the fault of Coachman :unsure:

The front sloping blinds are a bit tempremental as you have to use two hands to make sure that they are not twisted in the runners.

I agree they are a little more difficult to operate than the roller blinds. I use the same method as Glen and Les on the panoramic window and that seems to work well to raise the blind, no problem lowering it though. The biggest problem I have is that I find it difficult to reach as I am under-tall but that is not the fault of Coachman :unsure:

The front sloping blinds are a bit tempremental as you have to use two hands to make sure that they are not twisted in the runners.

We have a similar issue on our Lunar with the front blinds especially if you are trying to pull down the flyscreen. It jams at the top of the window on the window rubber and you have to use both hands to twist it so that it can pass the top rubber!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry Rita, you need THREE HANDS

Les

Les