Sign in to follow this  
spangles

rubbish Bins

Hi,
Anybody have the same trouble as us, a rubbish door bin on our Adria, it's a stupid half round thing that holds nothing. Has anybody found an alternative ?

Edited by JanandJay
explentives removed.. please refrain from using...

Hi,

Anybody have the same trouble as us, a rubbish door bin on our Adria, it's a stupid half round thing that holds nothing. Has anybody found an alternative ?

So the rubbish bin really is a rubbish bin?

• Like 2

So the rubbish bin really is a rubbish bin?

:lol: Now that made I laff. .... needed that!!... thank you .

I wish I could achieve that in the "don't they ever think" clearly the op and others simply don't think.

Sounds exactly like the one on the door of our Bailey Barcelona. It is a much use as a chocolate teapot. .too small and always falling open if you try to put anything in it. Waste of space, time the energy and resources it took to design, manufacture and fit.

Thank heavens for my stash of carrier bags and stick on white plastic hook!

Mind you, I expect I'll have to wear a badge that says "I destroy the planet" soon for my brazen overuse of carrier bags, I have even been known to grab a handful in the supermarket without any shopping in!

I know, I am a bad person

• Like 1

Yep carrier bags on a hook is what we do in our Adria sportline dt ! Never bother with the door bin.

It's only use was to store our dogs lead and poo bags.

It's not much use but is a fairly standard design on most vans. (Hartal Bin I believe they are called)

We just put a carrier bag inside it and empty it often.

It keeps the kids busy going back and forth empying the caravan bin !

We did try a small swing top bin in the cupboard below the oven, but that wasn't much use either.

• Like 1

What's the door bin for? For storing carrier bags in ;) .

Ours has about 20 bags in at the moment, about the only thing the plastic bin's good for.

• Like 1

Ours has the handle for the motor mover and we put the newspaper in there (with all the supplements)

Blimey - seems like it's only us that use it as a bin !

Yep, our DT door bin pointless verging on annoying as a bin but has found a new lease of life as a very handy storage place for a large bottle of toilet fluid - means it's always within easy reach when wrestling with the toilet cassette. Instead bought two decent but sub-£10 plastic swing-top bins off Amazon: one sits in the handy gap in front of the cupboard between the side dinette and the main seating area, and t'other lives in the awning = no need to risk further strain on weary body by rising from chair in evening after long day at beach in order to dump bottle tops/empties/child-related detritus. Then just take to site bins when go to shower each morning.

Also our 14 month old uses it to post toys, keys, tv remote etc into

Please - somebody else must use it as a bin.

I'm starting to feel like an outcast using our bin as a bin. :unsure:

You're not alone we use ours. We put a carrier bag in it, and empty it once a day. Any bigger items I'll pop straight to the bin.

We have a collapsible bin which we keep in the awning if we're on a rally and have to take the rubbish home.

The loo brush fits perfectly and is held nice and still in its holder during travel.

We have an amazing device that consists of a circular top, a similar bottom and four struts that all fit together to make a neat little package for storage. The top has an internal ring. Once assembled it holds a 120 litre black bin bag and is self-supporting. It weighs about 200 grams. Perfect. http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Hands-Free-120L-Rubbish-Bag-Refuse-Sack-Bin-Bag-Waste-Bag-Stand-Holder-/201107747383?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Bathroom_Wastebaskets_Bins_PP&var=&hash=item2ed2f4b237

We use ours also Clever and gets emptied often! When travelling the wheel chocks sit in there!

Found a sort of solution, have clipped a couple of small bulldog clips on the back of the bin to hold the bag in place. We can use it now just change it often.

• Like 1

Found a sort of solution, have clipped a couple of small bulldog clips on the back of the bin to hold the bag in place. We can use it now just change it often.

A solution to what ?

You can clip the bag in place by un-clipping the main part of the bin from the top section. Put the bag in and then clip the top part back around the bag.

• Like 1

I bought a very small flip top bin from pound land on Tuesday. Just right for a caravan.

A solution to what ?

You can clip the bag in place by un-clipping the main part of the bin from the top section. Put the bag in and then clip the top part back around the bag.

We use our. We find it does the job fine and does not spring open as others say. Yes, it is small but holds a carrier bag full. Sufficient for once a day for us but could see it would struggle for more than two.

I know what is meant by the small bulldog clip. We find 1 is enough and holds the back stopping it falling into the bin.

Put on correctly the bag goes on quickly and is hidden making it look tidy. It does not hold a massive amount but its on a door in a caravan.

I can only imagine that those who have problems with them either have faulty bins or have not worked out how to use them.

John

We keep a Spirit Level, a Torch and the thin plastic sheet that we roll up when we arrive on site, apart from that it's as useful as a Chocolate Teapot.

Les

We use ours a lot, and have to empty it a lot too, but that means the stuff in there never gets the chance to smell. If it looks like it may pong it goes straight into the larger floor-standing one outside at the very least.

Never had a problem with it holding the bags, we fold them over the top before clicking the D shaped ring into place. It was an ideal thing for reusing freeby supermarket bags.

Dave

That's the strangest thing - I was only thinking of you this morning - how great to hear from you!