Gt65 Verona Heating Boost

Mcmanus22

Hi all this is my first post on this forum since buying our new 2014 Verona. please can any owners please advise if I have a fault with my heater or am I doing something wrong. over the last two weeks we have been on holiday in Cornwall,while there I thought I would investigate the heater controles prior to the winter season. my question to you all is if I am heating on 1000w of gas and need to boost with 1000w of electric should both of the red buttons stay lit ? mine does't, one or the other turns off when the other is pushed.

First thing to do is check the software edition. Press spanner icon at bottom of home screen and you will get a number pad, the software number is at the bottom left. The latest nunber is1. 0. 5. 9. If you have any other ie 5. 3 then you need an update. Contact whale for this to be done

I am a Whale engineer

Gem Caravans (Fife) Ltd.

ALL MAKES SERVICING AND REPAIRS

BAILEY TRANSIENT WARRANTY, LUNAR AND COACHMAN WARRANTY

www. gemcaravancare.co.uk 07803 922945

WORKSHOP NOW OPEN

Hi three star, thanks for the advice I will pop to the storage site and check it,I have spoken to the customer support team and the didn't tel me this but at the time in Cornwall I had no signal on my phone while on site so was unable to check what the lady was saying . thanks again,Kieron.

Sorry I missed your name Dougie,thanks again.

Hi three star,

This is his posting status. His Forum name is in blue above this (dougie) hope this helps

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Hi doosan,thanks for that,shortly after I had posted the reply I realised my gaff,a bit new to all this but hit gold straight away with the advice from Dougie,thanks again both,off up to van to check on my software. Rather be on site somewhere though!.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,van booked in to dealer for one or two little falts a week Saturday,they are going to investigate the heating at the same time,hopefully it will get resolved one way or another. perhaps it's me being a numpty,useually I'm on the ball with instruction manuals though.

Thanks for coming back to tell us - people do like to find out the end result.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,it turns out it's me that's the idiot,the one button is the controle for gas and electric together not the two buttons side by side so as I was selecting one or the other the previous was turned off.(fool)

Hi all,it turns out it's me that's the idiot,the one button is the controle for gas and electric together not the two buttons side by side so as I was selecting one or the other the previous was turned off.(fool)

Don't worry, we all do it :)

• 4 weeks later...

Update,away in the van last weekend,dropped cold Friday night,I'll put heating on I say,well amazing push the correct buttons it gets warm in minutes. It just shows,a little knowledge is a dangerous thing,LOL